Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

6661 - 6680 of 6738 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Temperature comments tend to lose their meaning when forums don’t give poster’s locations like they did in the good old days.
My feelings exactly.
When Nicky ran this thing you could see where the poster lived just under their screen name. If it wasn't there we would request they put it there and if they didn't we made sure they we're never taught the secret handshake.
Now I don't even bother to tap on the members profile to see where they live.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Agreed, it’s an annoying extra step that more often than not shows nothing anyway because the member hasn’t included their location in their profile. Between that and the number of troll accounts we’ve seen recently, this whole experience is just not what it used to be. Shame really....

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Ah yes, that works and now I know Da Brad lives in some town called the 808.
Everyone under 40 years old knows where the 305 is but the 808----never heard of it!:giggle:

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,547 Posts
You do not have to click on the avatar just hover over it ! If the info was placed by the poster in his or hers registry it will show up....
That does work on a computer, but I do most of my surfing on my iPad or phone, and you do have to tap the user name. It works, but it's just an extra unnecessary step, and 90% of members don't have their location entered anyway...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Ah yes, that works and now I know Da Brad lives in some town called the 808.
Everyone under 40 years old knows where the 305 is but the 808----never heard of it!:giggle:
The ‘808‘ is what we locally reference when asked: ‘Hey brah, where you from’? It’s the area code for the State of Hawai’i. And I’m definitely over 40 and had no clue where the 305 is🤷🏻‍♂️😆

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
The ‘808‘ is what we locally reference when asked: ‘Hey brah, where you from’? It’s the area code for the State of Hawai’i. And I’m definitely over 40 and had no clue where the 305 is🤷🏻‍♂️😆
So, you're on vacation 24/7-----nothing wrong with that!

(I have a Grandson, in the Navy, stationed at Pearl Harbor and it looks like pretty good duty!)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
So, you're on vacation 24/7-----nothing wrong with that!

(I have a Grandson, in the Navy, stationed at Pearl Harbor and it looks like pretty good duty!)
Lol, pretty much....except for that whole needing to work to pay a mortgage and keep up with the exorbitant costs of living in paradise. The upside is a year round riding season and no snow. I lived on O’ahu(where Pearl Harbor is located)for 15 years before relocating to the much less crowded and slower paced Big Island

6661 - 6680 of 6738 Posts