Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 626 Posts

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
This past Sunday Mrs Shamrock and I took a ride out the Tamiami Trail to Everglades City for lunch.
Like usual this time of year the weather was spectacular and also, like usual this time of year, the entire population of Michigan and Pennsylvania were out there spotting alligators. I love it because everytime one of them asks me "what kind of snake is that" I always reply with "which one".

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
My WIFE insisted I leave the house n not return until I smartened up.
Well, after a few rides...I'm still an idiot! :)
Guess another ride is in store for Sunday.

Did this ride today:

View attachment 15063

(My son's been following me w/ a GoPro on the Ninja. He's a little disappointed. The camera doesn't capture the essence of these rides.)
Ah Grasshopper, you are learning well!
(BTW---Rumor has it a small amount of Drambuie will be avaliable (after dark) at the Rally.)

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
I just finished getting everything cleaned up and put away from my recent trip to Deals Gap and the East Coast 09 Rally so I treated myself to a few Dragon photos.

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
It was a nice balmy 91/92 degrees in sunny South Florida today so I took a little ride in my beloved Everglades.
I also stopped by the Value Jet Memorial that's not to far from my home. All airliner crashes are horrible but this one was especially tragic.

(My ride was just under 80 miles and I successfully negotiated both curves!)

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
I love this thread! So many cool bikes in some very special locations.
Nothing special here, just another hot, rainy, humid day in South Florida.
The good thing is the fact that I was out riding and not at work, jail or some hospital----life is good!

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Slipped out for a short trip to the Miccosukee Reservation this morning
It felt like Autumn just West of Miami, 88 degrees with 75% humidity so I bundled up.
That rusty old car gives me the creeps no matter how many times I pass by it!

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
I live 5 miles from the Eastern edge of the Everglades and truly appreciate its' natural beauty and wildlife. A large part is under the control of our National Park Service and the rest belongs to the Miccosukee Indians. Since the Seminoles and Miccosukees never agreed to a treaty with the US their reservations are considered to be sovereign nations. Caution and respect are the best attitude but you know what, they generally don't jack with bikers as long as you slow down when passing through their village.
In August the heat and humidity are stifling and you just know it's going to rain but where else could you possibly visit the "Skunk Ape Research Headquarters"? I love everything about "The Glades" and enjoy sharing this stuff with you folks.

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Oh... just a Carolina sun shade... wife's bandanna. :)
Now we have a real mystery because I'm not seeing a wife either------no lake, no wife--- WTF.
Next thing is you'll be saying there's 4 quarts of oil in that thing and now it won't run!

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Let's start with... I'm not in the picture.
Who's been riding this machine?
Is it even Mo's?
Could it be that he doesn't even own or ever rode a moto-bike?
The questions just go on and on and on... :)

(fyi...just changed the oil on Sat...10K on the beast)
Chills------I'm feeling like, in a year or two, we could be watching a 48 Hours or Dateline NBC over this.

· Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Chills, eh.
Somethin' not right...you live in Florihot.

Verification:

View attachment 20429

View attachment 20430
Verification? I think not!
All I'm seein is some young hottie showin you how to put on a motorcycle helmet
and an old guy sayin something like---it's one down and three up, right?

Now here's some real proof that I'm married.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 626 Posts