Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Making the rounds on the covers of magazines! Motorcyclist has joined the ranks of magazines to feature the heralded Yamaha FZ-09 on their cover pages! Just like many of the other magazines, the testers at Motorcyclist were thrilled with the bruiser that is the triple from Yamaha. There is a full work up of the features like you would expect from the print houses. It is a really good read, and if you see it on the shelf, pick it up and have a read through. You might find out something you didn't know, or you may have a thought that you had about the FZ09 confirmed or denied by someone that rides and writes for a living.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Interesting... they seem to have removed the tail section. :hmmmm:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Got mine in the mail yesterday.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

I love the image on the cover and how the spokes just disappear.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I love the image on the cover and how the spokes just disappear.
Fairly easy to do if you have a camera that can adjust the shutter speed (1/60th - 1/125th or even slower), all you have to do is follow your subject smoothly and "click"...even most reasonably advanced compact cameras can do it. All it takes is a little (panning) practice... and a moving subject to point at. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
UPDATE:

Today I got my June edition of Motorcyclist magazine, and it continues with the FZ-09 long term test by Ari Henning. This edition was all about suspension. Of course where did Ari get his info on the shock upgrade? This forum of course. He listed the old URL for the forum, but it links to FZ09.org anyway.

Learning for forum members, he discovered the relatively cheap fix by using a Kawasaki rear shock. It sounds like he paid attention to HawkerJet, Mothy, and a few others.

How about that? The publications know where to come for information.

·
Registered
225 Posts
More proof that graphite is best!;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just wanted to join up to say thanks to the FZ-09 forum and members for the interest in our January cover and MC Road Test on your favorite bike!

surely you can say more about the moto?

·
Registered
221 Posts
UPDATE:

Today I got my June edition of Motorcyclist magazine, and it continues with the FZ-09 long term test by Ari Henning. This edition was all about suspension. Of course where did Ari get his info on the shock upgrade? This forum of course. He listed the old URL for the forum, but it links to FZ09.org anyway.

Learning for forum members, he discovered the relatively cheap fix by using a Kawasaki rear shock. It sounds like he paid attention to HawkerJet, Mothy, and a few others.

How about that? The publications know where to come for information.
I also love the oil change info, and the other upgrades section. I will be using alot of that info

1 - 20 of 20 Posts