Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the debate begin! How do you think the FZ-09 stacks up against the Brutale 800? These bikes should be fairly close in power but the Yamaha is much cheaper.

Yamaha FZ-09 847cc MSRP $7990
MV Agusta Brutale 800 798cc MRSP $13,998

·
Registered
699 Posts
Dollar to CC ratio goes to the tuning fork. I wonder if the engine will be as torque happy as they are claiming. They sure do mention it a lot in the info on their site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Brutale is actually my favorite nekkked bike but for the money the FZ-09 is the clear winner in this one. Tossing aside the cost I'm going to have to give the edge to the Brutale because it is one great looking piece of machinery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's apples and oranges here. You could almost buy 2 Yamaha's for the price of one MV.

Reminds me of a popular sport bike magazine when they compared an $11k Honda Blade to a $40k Ducati....sure the Ducati won but not worth the $29k difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Brutale is beautiful (got to sit on one last weekend) and has traction control, more horsepower and fully adjustable suspension. But the Fizzer makes more torque and has a more upright seating position. The issue for me (other than the price!) is the lack of dealers and unless you live in PA near Ferracci most of the dealers have NO clue about them, let alone stock any kinds of parts or accessories. Have you ever needed parts for an Italian bike? Hope you're not in a hurry! I do hope that the triple engine is a winner for MV and will allow them to expand in the US, but as of now I consider them to be a "exotic boutique" brand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with elf. Had a chance look at it close up at the Halifax Motorcycle show and it sure does look nice, but it's just not possible to be twice as good for the price. Hence my vote goes for the FZ-09. Btw. I wish Yamaha would have just called it MT-09 here just like in Europe and most other places. Would sure like to see ABS at least as a choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shoot man, if we're doing funky comparos we have to throw the duc hypermotard in the mix. A few grand more gets you 3 ride modes, traction control, and ABS. If any of you attend MOTOGP or AMA races you'll definetely appreciate the ducati courtesy tent, and exclusive Duc parking. If you got the dollars the Ducati is the choice. Better dealer network too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts