Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The FZ-09 has roadster roots, mixed with motard influences” says product planning manager Oliver Grill. “We wanted to build a bike with a very strong character. Our starting point was to be more sporty in the lower speed ranges. Therefore our riding position is more forward and upright, with a wide handlebar like a motard. And the triple engine is ready to deliver immediate and exiting power output in all rpm ranges.”

New generation Yamaha
Yamaha Europe’s senior vice-president Seiya Nakamura adds “We have been a bit too conservative with our new models in the past few years. We decided to turn that around. We’re gonna bring more innovative and special concepts in the market again, like Yamaha used to do so often in the past.”

He continues to reveal his strategy: “We want to bring a new generation of models that have a more clear character, and that are dramatically lighter. You know, nowadays, going with high speeds is not done anymore. Our models should not need high speed to be attractive. We want to dramatically improve the riding feeling, so you can enjoy it always, so that even commuting and city riding is fun!”

Continue Reading @ Yamaha Design Café: MT-09: Not a normal roadster - Page 1

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's good to know they're thinking along those lines these days. I'm the kind of rider that doesn't ever need to go 90. I just want a wide open road, some good scenery, and a good amount of beans when I twist the grip in the low range. There's nothing worse than that wait while your bike finds it's sweet spot. I want it when I want it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
It will be interesting to see the type of character in this bike. The specs look great. Will it be rough or smooth?
On Cycle Ergo they show the forward lean about 0 degrees for a rider 6'2" tall....that's supermoto style for sure. Perhaps a Japanese, inexpensive Hypermotard?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts