Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Simple is fine. But that’s different from making the statement definitively that paying in full is cheaper.

In theory the questions/scenarios you pose are valid, but in application they don’t hold.
The rates I suggested are in the range of what Yamaha offered, and I didn’t say the money must be placed in a risky stock that’s market dependent.
Further, the rates they provide are lower than any other debt most people carry, less than CC’s, student loans, mortgage payments, etc.
I’ll stop here, didn’t mean to hijack the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well there's your disconnect with me. No student loans, no credit cards, mortgage is 3.5%...
Debt becomes a way of life if you let it. We are just going to have to agree to disagree. You will never convince me that more debt is better, and I will likely not change your mind either.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
Even at 3%, you're at less than $500 total interest for a 4 year loan. Pretty small price to pay instead of waiting 4 years to get the bike.
$500 buys me another sweet pistol or a bunch of ammo...

·
Registered
33 Posts
$500 buys me another sweet pistol or a bunch of ammo...

You can still enjoy both. Opportunity cost. What is* the opportunity cost of not having a bike for 4 years vs. having the extra $500? Regardless, not really relevant to OP's situation and not helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah had some difficulty with the switch over. They sent the letter about the change with instructions on how to login. Turns out the had the wrong account # on the original letter. Got that worked out but sent them an email because I didn't like the password they gave me (last 6 digits of SSN) which is far from secure. There was no obvious way to change my password. I asked them in the email how to do it. About a week later they couldn't find my info so they asked for more info. About 2 weeks later they sent me a new password. The new password was Welcome1. Yeah that is real secure. Thanks, buttheads!

Anyhow I found out how to change the password. It was non-obvious. On the login page if you choose the "forgot password" option. They will send (rather quickly I might add) password reset instructions. Now I have a much more secure, non-guessable password.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah had some difficulty with the switch over. They sent the letter about the change with instructions on how to login. Turns out the had the wrong account # on the original letter. Got that worked out but sent them an email because I didn't like the password they gave me (last 6 digits of SSN) which is far from secure. There was no obvious way to change my password. I asked them in the email how to do it. About a week later they couldn't find my info so they asked for more info. About 2 weeks later they sent me a new password. The new password was Welcome1. Yeah that is real secure. Thanks, buttheads!

Anyhow I found out how to change the password. It was non-obvious. On the login page if you choose the "forgot password" option. They will send (rather quickly I might add) password reset instructions. Now I have a much more secure, non-guessable password.
We are still fighting to get a pay off and we are on about the 4th or 5th "supervisor" who is going to look into this to "get it straightened out" We have made the last two payments and they are not being credited to my account. The pay off amount has changed three different times and they magically keep getting higher and higher... the loan date is over March 5th... and again.. We have never been late, never missed a payment... and the last two payments before I pay off the bike has caused me so much frustration that I want to be "one of those people" and harass and spam every place that Yamaha finance is on the internet.. this is total crap.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts