Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems with them? I have been making payments to them since I bought the bike brand new (2014 FZ-09) and now with what should be the last payment, they are having all sorts of issues with their finance department.. they first sent a letter saying that they didn't receive a payment. I sent them a confirmation that they DID get the payment.. within a week they sent out a message saying that they were having problems but were getting straightened out... they also stated that they would not charge any late payments to anyone until they got their system straightened out.. today I got ANOTHER letter stating that I missed a payment.. this is infuriating! I sent them a letter with the confirmation letter from them receiving payment, and told them to give me a payoff amount so I can get rid of this thing and never use another Yamaha product again. Note: I have never missed a payment nor made a late payment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
this is infuriating! I sent them a letter with the confirmation letter from them receiving payment, and told them to give me a payoff amount so I can get rid of this thing and never use another Yamaha product again.
Unfortunately the world runs on computerized transactions, mistakes happen and software occasionally glitches. You are not the first and its definitely not the last.
I have been dealing with a toll road bill discrepancy on a car I sold over 2 years ago. Sad but true.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
You’re going to never buy another yamaha product because of some computer glitches with their finance company? I can understand not using their finance company again, but beyond that I’d say you need to have a bourbon and a smile and lighten up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I set my Yamaha financing to autopay and let it ride till the bikes were paid for. Never had a problem but the “glitch” is now, and I don’t have financing now.

More importantly, I’ll second the Bourbon; neat unless overproofed, cask strength, or crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
A better resolution would be to never buy another bike except with cash...much cheaper and better that way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I heard of a guy one time who, instead of financing his bike, he started putting away a portion of his paycheck every month into a "savings account", and when he had accumulated enough money in that account he went and bought a motorcycle - and paid cash! Whaaat?!

I know, it sounds fake, but he swears by his story...

·
Registered
105 Posts
A better resolution would be to never buy another bike except with cash...much cheaper and better that way.

It could be cheaper to pay w cash, but it could also be the result of poor financial planning.
When you’re getting free money at 0 or 1.9% and you could throw that money toward fixed income or other instruments, you’re actually getting the bike for LESS money than with cash.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
It could be cheaper to pay w cash, but it could also be the result of poor financial planning.
When you’re getting free money at 0 or 1.9% and you could throw that money toward fixed income or other instruments, you’re actually getting the bike for LESS money than with cash.

That is absolutely true.

However... If you're playing that much strategy with your finances in order to maximize every dollar, you probably wouldn't get into motorcycles in the first place, because they really are a complete waste of money. Terrible resale value, unimpressive fuel mileage, lots of maintenance required, parts and accessories that nickel and dime you to death... Not a great value, really.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Took no more time than filling out the finance paperwork at the dealership. Being smart w the money I have is what allows me to have toys.
To each his own.

·
Registered
434 Posts

Well, first let's ask what the rate really was on the loan and the amount borrowed. Then, perhaps you are right, but if the transaction would have happened say, in 2005 and then all investments crashed in 2008, maybe not. It's always more predictable for me to buy with cash, especially on rapidly depreciating, high cost of ownership items like motorcycles. I never borrow money to make investments...then again I don't flip houses either. I'm simple minded I guess.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Simple is fine. But that’s different from making the statement definitively that paying in full is cheaper.

In theory the questions/scenarios you pose are valid, but in application they don’t hold.
The rates I suggested are in the range of what Yamaha offered, and I didn’t say the money must be placed in a risky stock that’s market dependent.
Further, the rates they provide are lower than any other debt most people carry, less than CC’s, student loans, mortgage payments, etc.
I’ll stop here, didn’t mean to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saved up my money from quitting cigarettes and waited to find the ultimate deal, which I did. The things I want are always cash, the things I need I don't mind financing. Most of my stocks are long, and my Roth gets 10% of my check.

To the OP, don't give up on the lovely Yamaha's because of shitty banking.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My first bike 2009 fz6r FROM LOCAL DEALER....PUT A DEPOSIT ON IT even before they came out and ordered it...and paid the dealer a thousand or so here and there till when the bike came in...I went in and paid the last 2000 and walk away with it free and clear. That bike was so new at the time the dealer had to look it up even... ordered it Nov 2008 nad picked up april 2009!!!

Man wish I kept it......traded in for my fz-09 after 9 years.... never laid down....NICE. good feeling to own it. This one is set up auto pay. I try to set up auto pay for all my financed crap.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Even at 3%, you're at less than $500 total interest for a 4 year loan. Pretty small price to pay instead of waiting 4 years to get the bike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been riding and racing bikes of all sorts since the early 70's, I bought this bike and just wanted to have low payments. I could have bought it outright.. but I wasn't bothered by the price not payments.. what really sicks in my craw, is that they didn't screw this up at the front or even the middle of the contract.. they wait till the last couple of payments and then like clockwork... screw up their end. I have been on the phone with several "Tad's, Biff's and Buffy's" who have all given me different figures and NONE of their figures matched, none of the last two payments have been credited to the account, they have sent emails certifying that the payments were received, but somehow, the payments have not been deducted from the total owed... As for ditching the yamaha for this kind of trash, you bet, The FZ has been neat, but I have had far more interesting and fun bikes over the years and no shenanigans from their corporate stooges. This bike really isn't (or wasn't) costing me anything to fret over.. this is just some unrepentant underhanded nonsense. They are screwing up and they are basically telling me that I'm some sort of low life who is skipping out on "their" payments.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I agree, don’t postpone enjoyment, make it, spend it, and enjoy it. Tomorrow isn’t promised to anyone. Although I never thought I’d make it to 30 so grain of salt and all

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Don't know what to tell you, other than you're certainly not the first victim of corporate incompetence. You're probably the 7,365,954,328,953rd victim. It's definitely a pain in the ass, but usually it ends up getting settled when all is said and done. I can understand not wanting to deal with Yamaha's financial partner again, but to turn you off to the actual product? That's pretty harsh. But it's your choice to make...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts