Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am in the process of getting together everything I want and then ordering my MT-09. Does anyone have the yamaha engine protectors? I prefer them as they kind of blend in, but I'd rather have decent protection in case I drop the bastard. What sliders would any of you recommend over the yamaha ones?

- Dave.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Woodcraft

Reactions: daveonline123

·
Registered
246 Posts
I installed the GB Racing 4 piece set. I didn't get it from Yamaha. In addition to that, I have Woodcraft frame and axle sliders. When I'm not so crippled I'll roll the bike out of the garage and post some pics.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Woodcraft here.

Worked well during a rear stand collapse.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have a set of the Yamaha engine case guards and like them, but they were free because my dealer does this in store bonus bucks. When I bought my 09, I earned enough bonus bucks to pay for the case guards.

From what I have seen online, they work just fine.

I think these pictures come from an engine that was for sale on ebay, from a crashed 09.

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies, by the looks of those pictures the OEM ones work fine. I can likely get the dealer to throw them in on the deal, so I think I'll go with those. I can always change them later if I feel like it needs it. Hopefully I'll never have to find out just how good they are.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Same here, like insurance you hope you never need. I kind if like the Yamaha set over others, because they give good protection, but do not trap in the heat like some that cover the cases.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Since you're in the UK I'd suggest GB Racing covers. I have a set on both my FZ and ZX (and my girlfriend's GSXR and CBR). Needless to say, I like them for their look and quality. If they're good enough for Tom Sykes they're good enough for me! haha

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't have any yet - but I'm leaning towards the Yamaha version. There were some for sale cheap on here - but I was looking for a new job at the time.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I like the T-Rex version as well, but find the Yamaha set sticks out further. If the case protector hugs the case to close it does not help to protect other parts in that area of the engine.

With the Yamaha engine case guards, SW-Motech frame sliders, Evotech fork and axls sliders, I figure my 09 is pretty well protected.

Frame Sliders for Yamaha MT-09 - reliable protection by SW-MOTECH.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered the Full T-rex racing kit without the case covers and the GBRacing 4 piece cover kit. I figure if it's good for stunters it's good for me. It ended up costing me slightly below $450 for all of it so I say it's well worth the investment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts