Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just recently purchased a 2015 FZ-09.

The new 2016 XSR900 comes equipped with a slipper clutch. I am wondering if you can swap the XSR slipper into the FZ engine. Has anyone looked into this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not mind being a guinea pig, but XSR900 parts are still not available. I called Yamaha product service and they were not much help. Dealers don't have any service experience yet, so they don't know either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys,

Kees here from the Netherlands :). I'm also interested in the XSR900 slipper clutch for my Mt-09 (FZ-09 in America). I've already compared the exploded views from the clutch from a MT and XSR and it looks well. I asked my dealer for the prices of the additional parts. Yamaha Netherlands was not very helpfull.... but we figure it out!

Greetz,

Kees

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I compared the now available parts diagram for the XSR900 and the FZ-09 clutches. It appears that the swap is feasible. It will require a different combination of clutch plates and friction plates, and most notably the pressure plate and a new outer cover and parts associated with the XSR clutch cover. My best estimate is that it will cost a few hundred dollars, but one part is presently unavailable (pressure plate 2). I've checked various dealer OEM parts diagrams and that single part is still unavailable. Until then, no go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
several of the clutch parts are the same making the conversion/installation of the xsr900 slipper clutch to the FZ/FJ-09's simpler and more economical (if performed on a low/lower mileage clutch assy.) Around $500 in parts and you have slipper clutch on your FZ which would be a great mod.

·
Registered
42 Posts
several of the clutch parts are the same making the conversion/installation of the xsr900 slipper clutch to the FZ/FJ-09's simpler and more economical (if performed on a low/lower mileage clutch assy.) Around $500 in parts and you have slipper clutch on your FZ which would be a great mod.
I would really like to install a slipper clutch on my FZ. What parts exactly need to ordered for the install? I did see the Japanese gentleman who claims $500.00 for the parts needed. Does anyone have a parts list?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey i saw you were looking for a slipper clutch for the FZ-09. We have a brand new complete OEM clutch for the XSR900. It comes with all new plates and fibers so there is no guessing or using old discs. We can even "build" it for you so you know the order of the parts. you would just have to reuse the small clutch pull rod on the inside of the pressure plate. I can send a link the the listing if you are interested.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/19-parts-sale-wanted/18642-slipper-clutch-xsr900.html Auto part Plastic wrap

it is also cross posted

we HAVE one complete kit because most of the parts are/were back ordered but we do have one in stock ready to ship

1 - 17 of 17 Posts