Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking to add an xsr900 to my stable, and have been talking with dealers near me. I figured I'd start a thread and post the OTD prices I find.

I'm in MD.

So far one of the dealers in MD I've contacted has said they will do $11,000 OTD.

I've been emailing a couple others so we will see what they say. Please post if you get a quote, 11k seems steep for a 9.5k msrp, I'll pass at that price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got another one in, with a quote of $11,319.

I'm not really negotiating, so I would guess these can be brought down a bit, I am just sending an email asking for OTD price, not specifying how I will be paying.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Make sure that you are talking/dealing with a real manager...not a sales person. I got no where with getting "quotes" when I called dealerships and went through their sale departments when I was buying my FZ09.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Millers in PA is the cheapest in the country.

·
Registered
117 Posts
$11,059 and that's with $250 knocked off the sales price. So far these prices all seem pretty close so I'd say $11 is a good price $11,3 is a normal price, and $11,5 is high.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Millers has the bike for $8500. They charge a $150 doc charge. THAT's IT!!!!! But you have to go pick it up and pay taxes and registration when you register it in your home state. In my case I am lookin at $9600 registered and tag transferred. Worst case you can use them to price match.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Millers has the bike for $8500. They charge a $150 doc charge. THAT's IT!!!!! But you have to go pick it up and pay taxes and registration when you register it in your home state. In my case I am lookin at $9600 registered and tag transferred. Worst case you can use them to price match.
If what you say is true, $8500 plus TTL in my state plus $150 doc fee is $9279 OTD. So to be clear you're saying there is no freight charge or setup charge? Or, is the bike at this price not setup? How do you escape freight charge? Is the bike ready to ride at this price? But in any case about $9300 plus shipping to Texas. I don't think my LBS will seriously consider price matching that.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Don't take my word for it, call them. That's what I did. I said, what do I have to pay you besides the advertised price. The salesman said a documentation fee of $150, that's it. You pay tax,tag, title at your local dmv. Look at the website under new instock inventory. I was calling about a 2016 R1 for a friend. They eat all those bs charges and make there money being high volume. People from all over the east coast and beyond go their to save a couple thousand. It is 12 hours from my house. It would cost be about $250 in as, and $80 for a hotel room for one night. But I don't need another bike atm.

New Inventory For Sale | Miller's Motorsports in Lemont Furnace, Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did email them so I'll see what they say. However, I copied this from their website which was found directly under the ad for the bike...

"*Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). MSRP and/or final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected."

Hopefully they can clarify in their response.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've bought a bike and a pwc from my LBS before and they know I'm putting down about half in cash and already have my own financing for the rest. I can't really complain about $250 off a high demand brand new model before it even hits the showroom floor. I wouldn't mind another $250-500 off but I'm not going to squabble about it too much.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
If what you say is true, $8500 plus TTL in my state plus $150 doc fee is $9279 OTD. So to be clear you're saying there is no freight charge or setup charge? Or, is the bike at this price not setup? How do you escape freight charge? Is the bike ready to ride at this price? But in any case about $9300 plus shipping to Texas. I don't think my LBS will seriously consider price matching that.
I know it varies from dealer to dealer what they add in for extra charges, like freight, assembly, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), paper work, etc. Some of these "added charges" are just a bunch of crap and they will give you every excuse under the sun to justify them. There is one dealer in town that is crazy with all there add-on fees, but there is one Suzuki Dealer who doesn't add anything. This one good Suzuki Dealer, sells all their bikes at MSRP + 5% G.S.T. (Government Goods and Services Tax) + $4 per tire tax (Government tire recycling tax). With the Tax parts being mandatory no matter where you buy a new bike from.

So it doesn't hurt to shop around and compare the real OTD price. I have to agree that you will get more realistic numbers if you go in and talk to them. If you just call in or email them, they don't usually take you serious and will probably just toss out a quick price. When you get in the salesman's face, then they will give you the real numbers. At that point you can see if they will eat some of those added fees to make the sale.

Just my 2 cents over the years of dealing with salesmen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
$10,500 out the door and I put my deposit down. I bought the 60th Anniversary model and was told it would be delivered in April. My dealer is getting one of the King Kenny models and his rep told him there were not enough of them to go to every dealer. So, if you want the yellow one you better not wait. I am curious how many of the 60th Anniversary models are coming to the U.S.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not real crazy to hear that news.
If I can't get a 60th edition I won't be buying an XSR900.
Just don't like the regular color scheme.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tell me about it BGordon. I'm hearing that we may not get the bumblebee at all down here in Australia. Don't know why. It's just paint...:confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Put a $500 deposit in on a 60th anniversary XSR back in December. As of last week I was told it should arrive March/April time frame. I thought there might be limited numbers of them. One of the rare times I guessed right. Missed out on a Kenny Roberts RZ350 back in the eighties, wasn't gonna let that happen again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Millers replied to my email. The ODT price is accurate but the bike can't be sold and shipped, it has to be picked up in person. So that is that. I can't go to PA to pick it up and any LBS will know I'm not likely to do that so it doesn't really make for a good negotiating tool. It's great if you live in the NE though!

·
Registered
54 Posts
After a good bit of contemplating I have decided that because of my projected time frame to get an XSR900 (June or July) getting a 60th might very well not even be an option.
Rather than paying a premium for a 60th (if one is even available) my alternative might be to get a normal XSR and have the proper items repainted to mimic the 60th.
There appear to be only a couple of items that are different other than the paint so doing the custom paint route might be my best option.
I could even go with a different color such as red/black if it suits me.
The gold colored forks on the 60th have always annoyed me anyway.
Because my father owned a Yamaha dealership back in the 60's and 70's when I was young, nostalgia is giving me the desire for a 60th but practicality may change that plan.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm having similar ideas. I'm hearing that no 60th coming down here in Australia, so I am thinking of getting the grey one and either buying the 60th pieces (but no forks) as parts from another market or maybe just doing some custom red speed blocks on the faux tank bits to go with the red on the seat. Lots of possibilities. For me, this is a bike that I want to have. :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
What part of Australia are you from Lowflying?
Even though I am happily married I gotta admit that ladies with Australian accents sound so sexy.
Sort of the opposite of Russian accented English, which I hate.

Sorry to hear you bought a Harley. They are all about the image. Overpriced American stuff. At least they are more reliable than they used to be. Over here we have loads of Harley riders that are called "Plastic Bikers" cause on the weekend they dress and act like real bikers but pay for their fun with a credit card.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts