Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new 2016 XSR900 in Garage Metal recently. Looked around for a nice, relatively affordable, fender eliminator, and the market is dry at the moment. I've had Graves fender eliminators on previous bikes (hit or miss in functionality vs. cost vs style), and noticed they had one on the market for the XSR900. Looked into the instruction set and came to the conclusion that it was not worth the ~$60 price tag given the need to hack apart the stock fender (personal opinion).

Had a few hours of bandwidth in the morning so I decided to DIY my own today using the stock fender. All it took was a few zip ties, a Dremel, the metal OEM license plate bracket from my R6, and a TST LED license plate light.

Enjoy.

IMG_3882-1.jpg IMG_3883_2.jpg IMG_3885-3.jpg IMG_3884-4.jpg IMG_3880-5.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for the inspiration! This was so simple and cleans up the look a lot. It's not exactly what I want, and I may go back and change things if/when I find some appropriate material to build a bracket out of, but in the meantime I am way happier than I was with the stock look. All I had on hand was some thin aluminum plate, but it's plenty sturdy for this application.

tidy1.jpg

tidy2.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts