Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , iam getting bad pin and needles in hands when slow riding on my xsr900 but fine when getting a move on .
noticed this as well on the xsr900 demonstrater i took out as well : going to try some bar risers but was wondering couldn’t I just put some washers under the
existing bar clamps to raise them up a bit?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If you get longer bolts to compensate, it should work. Make sure they're the proper grade (probably 8.8, but that's just a guess).

I have to wonder, though, if simply raising the bars a few mm would reallly help anything? The bars aren't terribly low to begin with. I actually installed lower bars to help lean into the wind. What I find is the angle any particular bar puts your wrists into can make a big difference. Have you at least rotated your bars forward or back to see if it helps?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I’ve tried moving the bars back and forth .. it seems to be when I’m going slow and the weight is on my hands .
my thought was if they were higher then the weight on them would less?
ive tried spongy grips also to no avail..I’m a bit reluctant to spend £160 on the Gilles bar risers hence my thoughts on just using washers .... any others thoughts /ideas would be great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts