Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , iam getting bad pin and needles in hands when slow riding on my xsr900 but fine when getting a move on .
noticed this as well on the xsr900 demonstrater i took out as well : going to try some bar risers but was wondering couldn’t I just put some washers under the
existing bar clamps to raise them up a bit?

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,705 Posts
If you get longer bolts to compensate, it should work. Make sure they're the proper grade (probably 8.8, but that's just a guess).

I have to wonder, though, if simply raising the bars a few mm would reallly help anything? The bars aren't terribly low to begin with. I actually installed lower bars to help lean into the wind. What I find is the angle any particular bar puts your wrists into can make a big difference. Have you at least rotated your bars forward or back to see if it helps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I’ve tried moving the bars back and forth .. it seems to be when I’m going slow and the weight is on my hands .
my thought was if they were higher then the weight on them would less?
ive tried spongy grips also to no avail..I’m a bit reluctant to spend £160 on the Gilles bar risers hence my thoughts on just using washers .... any others thoughts /ideas would be great

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bar risers will get the bars higher and closer.
So you'll have less pressure on your wrists.
At speed you will catch more wind as well.?

ROX may heva them.
Yamaha too I believe.
SW- Motech maybe?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I posted a couple of years ago (an maybe put a picture up too, you will have to search) where I bought a pair off eBay from China for something like 50 bucks that bolted where the bars are now. Once installed where the bars are I them installed the stock bars into the top of them and re-installed my top clamps. This raised the bars 1 inch and moved them 1 inch towards me. Been great for a couple years now. Washers won't get you very much difference. I have a 2014 FZ09 so not sure if they are the same on your model. Look on eBay.

(just found a picture of them).

risers.JPG

Reactions: Moto26
1 - 5 of 5 Posts