Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a used XSR900 everything was fine I bought it with a Carbon Akra exhaust and it had an ECU Flash, but one day it didn't start there were signs of a dead battery so I change It and it was perfectly fine until next day I was driving and when I pulled the clutch the engine stopped and when realizing it would start again it only happens when hitting 3rd and fourth gear, and suddenly it stops and never started again, Yamaha already checked it and the fuel pump is working also the battery is new, so they don't find the issue they have told me when the engine is warm there's no spark but since it is electric its harder for them to find the issue.

·
Registered
186 Posts
its harder for them to find the issue.
Sounds like their mechanics suck ass. What kind of a response is that? If a Yamaha mechanic can't diagnose a Yamaha bike issue... WTF?

I think you have two options:

1. Find a TRUE Yamaha Dealer/Mechanic.

2. DIY!!! Buy the service manual, learn the electrical system of your bike, do tons of research online.

Me personally, I would do it myself as I have lost all trust in dealers, or what we call stealerships.

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sounds like their mechanics suck ass. What kind of a response is that? If a Yamaha mechanic can't diagnose a Yamaha bike issue... WTF?
I agree. My local dealership had my bike in to diagnose a problem and were having issues, they have a 'upper tier' or 'help desk' type support they can call to get more indepth tech advise, not just leave it at "sorry, we don't know what to look for".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I think you have two options:

1. Find a TRUE Yamaha Dealer/Mechanic.

2. DIY!!! Buy the service manual, learn the electrical system of your bike, do tons of research online.

Me personally, I would do it myself as I have lost all trust in dealers, or what we call stealerships.
well, their response today was, it might be de ECU.

unfortunately, I'm from Mexico so this type of bike isn't sold that much here, maybe there's lack of knowledge in this cases

·
Registered
88 Posts
well, their response today was, it might be de ECU.

unfortunately, I'm from Mexico so this type of bike isn't sold that much here, maybe there's lack of knowledge in this cases
Are there any dedicated Yamaha dealerships who'll have the correct diagnosis equipment ? IT's fine saying "it may be the ECU" but what are they expecting you to do, replace the ECU hoping they're correct ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
The "Throw Parts At It" mentality... and there goes your wallet as well! No thanks. Gimme a real diagnosis and solution... not a "maybe"!

·
Registered
13 Posts
if it were me, id try to reverse that tune first.
is it a power commander that you can uninstall?

i dont know how qualified the person who installed/tuned it is and thats the first thing i suspect.
theres an old saying the in troubleshooting industry.
"dont trust the last guy's work, because the last guy didnt fix it"

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
621 Posts
Did the dealer check if the coils have +12V when it is hot and there is no spark? Is the dealer going to refund you the cost of the ECU if that doesn't fix the problem?

You have 3 options:
1. Buy a manual & a multimeter and diagnose it yourself.
2. Continue to pay the dealership - this will quickly turn into a money pit for you especially given what the deal has told you so far - doesn't sound like they have competent mechanics.
3. Go to a different dealer or an independent repair shop - one with good mechanics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got new information

where the coil and the AC generator is located on the inside there was some wear, there was a bit of burr inside and this causes a fault, they cleaned it and the bike started again and suddenly it would stall again, the launch a scan and the next error code pop up "P0606: FALLO INTERNO DE LA ECU (Fallo en el circuito de entrada o salida)"
INTERNAL ECU FAULT (Input or output circuit failure)

this was diagnosed by an ex-Yamaha mechanic, all the electronics work fine, but the has a fault in it so I have to get a new one, it arrives this week I'll be updating you guys

(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH)

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
602 Posts
While you wait I'd highly recommend running through your wiring to ensure there are no worn insulation, hard kinks where wire strands could be broken, and any corrosion around your connections. I've seen it all to often in cars where the ECU gave off codes and shops changed them only to still have the issue as it was caused by a signal issue from something else.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
602 Posts
In Mexico to you put the disclaimer "this race was filled in the states"? Like most who street race in the states say its filmed in Mexico?

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
375 Posts
There's a joke/meme about any street racing or other law breaking in the United States has a disclaimer that it was "filmed in Mexico", even though it's really filmed in the US. Screan was asking if in Mexico, you do the inverse of that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts