Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on my XSR that yes its a fast bike, but my mind gets used to the speed and I lose that sensation. Then when I am off the bike for a week or two, I get back on and it's once again, "Holy crap this thing is fast". Have you experianced this?

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
I noticed on my XSR that yes its a fast bike, but my mind gets used to the speed and I lose that sensation. Then when I am off the bike for a week or two, I get back on and it's once again, "Holy crap this thing is fast". Have you experianced this?
Go ride an MT-10 or better yet any one of the liter bikes and report back with your findings :)

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah. I'm always in A mode and when I ride every day, I start thinking I need more bike. But if I take a break and don't ride for a little bit and get back on, the XSR is a monster.

I don't think I ever felt that way with my CBR1000RR...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah my little roadster started to feel gutless so I gave it another 100whp above what it was when I did this video...

lol.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have an MT 10, AND an XSR....which still feels very quick, and the instant torque never ceases to thrill. The bike, like my previous FZ 09's, is fun as hell and in no way slow. Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think this is why you see guys going Stupid Speed. They are chasing the rush. They don't know that if they take some time off the bike or get a second bike that is slow will fix their problem and keep them out of jail. Make sense?

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
635 Posts
Is this an addiction thread? If so... Hi everyone my name is Steve and I'm addicted to the rush of go fast toys. It has been one day since I've last circum to my addiction. My family says I need help... I agree so ive set up a go fund me account to finance my further upgrades....

·
Registered
73 Posts
My other ride is a Yamaha Nmax 155, I refer to this as my Donkey, its slow reliable carries alot of stuff with ease, cheap to run....I love it.
Then the XSR, is the Stallion, Wild.... too fast for me.. noisy, difficult to hold it back from running with the mob..... I love it.
I also love the contrast between the two different beasts. Somedays its a slow Donkey day, other days it the opposite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts