Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I bought XSR 900 in 2016 when they launched it and I got VIN #000001. I drove it for only 1100 miles since i bought it. Should sell it or keep it till it might become a collectors edition (?? since VIN 1). Any suggestions??

Thank you. /forum/images/smilies/smile.png

Edit: It is stock and Looks brand new with almost zero wear.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If it was mine and I needed the cash to cover the rent, I'd sadly let it go. If it wasn't costing me anything and I didn't need the cash, for sure I'd keep it. It'll be a long time before it's worth beach house money but the coolness factor is definitely there. Planning on keeping my 2016, VIN # 200 something, forever. My kids can sell it to pay for the couple dumpsters they'll need to throw out all my useless junk when I finally roll a 7.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,686 Posts
Is it a 60th or a Garage Metal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it was mine and I needed the cash to cover the rent, I'd sadly let it go. If it wasn't costing me anything and I didn't need the cash, for sure I'd keep it. It'll be a long time before it's worth beach house money but the coolness factor is definitely there. Planning on keeping my 2016, VIN # 200 something, forever. My kids can sell it to pay for the couple dumpsters they'll need to throw out all my useless junk when I finally roll a 7.
Thanks for the reply Ray. As of now, I am not in a dire need for money. But at the same time not looking for beach house money.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
List it on a classic/collector motorcycle site for $25,000. That’s what everyone else does. I see 60s Dodge Chargers priced at $200k. Lots of collectables have ridiculously high prices which means there are buyers who will pay a lot. Write something clever in the ad convincing shoppers that it’s the only one in the world, which it is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got # 18 and it is garage metal as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts