Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
Does anyone know if the stock handlebar is made of steel or aluminum?

I'm beginning to try and sort out the vibrations on the handlebar. I think still will vibrate more than aluminum, and I have a feeling that the stock handlebar is steel. Can someone confirm or deny? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not at home right now, and my bike is still at the dealership. So its hard for me to check up on. Not all steel are magnetic though.

Many handlebars are made in aluminum, LSL, Renthal etc. makes them in alu.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm not at home right now, and my bike is still at the dealership. So its hard for me to check up on. Not all steel are magnetic though.

Many handlebars are made in aluminum, LSL, Renthal etc. makes them in alu.
I understand that some are aluminum but they are surely an alloy and more spendy than what Yamaha wants to do oem.

Someone help him out and take a magnet to your bars as I would bet a liter of cola they are steel, and magnetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Non-magnetic handlebars on my FZ-09, if that helps any.

Do you have a picture of your handlebars? I ask because removing the stock bar end weights will make a huge difference with vibration, as will bar risers, etc.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rocky. I will probably have to try myself, in next week when I pick up the bike. I don't have any pictures right now.

I think I will try to remove the bar end weights and drive without. I tried changing the original weights with some heavier ones, and it didn't help.. Ill try completely without.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
My brother has an FJ-09 (MT-09 Tracer), and he removed the handguards. Removing the handguards made the bars vibrate like crazy. So he added a set of R&G Racing bar end sliders, which added enough bar end weight to remove the vibration.

You might need to add weight instead of removing weight to help dampen vibration. Another thing to check is to make sure the bar clamps are tight on the bars and where they mount on the top triple clamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts