Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered a universal windscreen, handlebar mount, just to later realize that there is absolutley 0 available handlebar to mount this thing to!

Returned it, lost a 30% restocking fee, then a week later realized that if I throw bar end mirrors on (as I planned to anyways) then the threaded holes that the current mirrors go into are perfect to add a rod for that same handlebar mount windscreen! Dang!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, I received my Ermax screen yesterday, and it's not that great. The colour doesn't match the bike, and the finish on the back of the screen is far from perfect.

The instructions are not great either. I kinda know what they are going with, but it's not very clear. I think I will wait a bit before tackling the install.

Mr Al

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, I received my Ermax screen yesterday, and it's not that great. The colour doesn't match the bike, and the finish on the back of the screen is far from perfect.
The instructions are not great either. I kinda know what they are going with, but it's not very clear. I think I will wait a bit before tackling the install.
Mr Al
Not happy to hear this, but could you post pictures of the flaws???
Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put in a request to return the Ermax screen. I just can't live with the paint issues. Hopefully they will take it back.

Back to the drawing board...

Mr Al

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Jet, what is that cowl?

I'm thinking of getting something I can put on for long trips and take off the rest of the time, this looks like it could be a winner. Personal question if you don't mind sharing, how tall are you?

Cheers
JD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad to know the Yamaha one is effective at relieving the pressure on your chest. Does it cause any increased buffeting at the helmet level.

I am not too keen on the looks of the Yamaha one. I wish it took more a round shape of the headlight. Too rectangular for me. Also $150. C'mon....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts