Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you ship your forks off to Nick @ Stoltec and now you have a rifle case you don't need/want anymore?

I hate to go buy a new one if someone's got one lying around.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I used a box that the shipping place cut down for me and charged me a total of $ 5.50, plus shipping of course

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may come to that... but I would sleep better at night if they were in a hard shelled case.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i was in a bass pro the other day and they had them for 12.99.... given that you are in ca id say a bass pro or cabelas might be rare who knows

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
walmart

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would rather crawl over broken glass than step inside of, or give one dollar, to Walmart.

I don't know if there's a Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop around, don't recall ever having seen one.

Its not so much about saving money as it is about reducing one-time-use stuff cluttering up garages (& the planet in general), and actually reusing something.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you can't find anyone that'll loan you one, try Big5. Also, we have 4 bass pro stores here in CA, 3 of which are in the SF bay area.
Normally I'd go Craigslist route for something like that, but that's just me.

Protect the forks; it doesn't take much to screw them up.

Photos - People Of Walmart
6037.jpg

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you can't find anyone that'll loan you one, try Big5. Also, we have 4 bass pro stores here in CA, 3 of which are in the SF bay area.
Normally I'd go Craigslist route for something like that, but that's just me.

Protect the forks; it doesn't take much to screw them up.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure UPS would find a way to **** them up.

I tried craigslist first, actually, but only one seller several hundred miles away :( but I'll keep checking. Thanks for the tips though.

I bought a rifle to go in my case after I used it so that it would not lay around unattended. Hehe.
Nice way to justify that purchase! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
I picked up the Plano gun case locally at a gun store. I saw it in a posting here on the list, or perhaps it was on Nick's site. $20. I will say that it was good for only one use. The case was trashed when I got the forks back. Are there no dedicated gun shops in San Fran?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts