Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

The price from dealer is steep (especially labour wise) so I want to fit my own kits. Any suggestion for buying locally in Aus, or anyone looking to get rid of a set.

TIA

regards CB

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I bought the radiator side covers from ErMax

Reactions: Chris Botha

·
Registered
16 Posts
found this beauty of a rad cover from "Infinite Performance" UK. Waiting for mine to come, but it was something a bit different and actually pretty cheap.
Yamaha : Infinite Performance, Exotic Motorcycle Accessories

As for buy in Aus, ive found bikebiz.comau, bikecraft.com.au, hurtlegear.com.au (Mainly Evotech gear)
i know bikebiz and bikecraft both offer free local shipping on orders over $100.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Chris mentioned "especially labour wise"...having never done it, how much effort does it take to install a radiator guard?

·
Registered
115 Posts
found this beauty of a rad cover from "Infinite Performance" UK. Waiting for mine to come, but it was something a bit different and actually pretty cheap.
Yamaha : Infinite Performance, Exotic Motorcycle Accessories

As for buy in Aus, ive found bikebiz.comau, bikecraft.com.au, hurtlegear.com.au (Mainly Evotech gear)
i know bikebiz and bikecraft both offer free local shipping on orders over $100.
Mtayl24, when you get it, please post a review. I was looking at it on ebay, and I think it looks really good. I know a couple guys didn't like the fit of it on a different forum, but some other guys were quite happy.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Chris mentioned "especially labour wise"...having never done it, how much effort does it take to install a radiator guard?
about 5 minutes

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Chris.... Your post has been deleted. It is against forum posting rules to put links from eBay in a thread.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mtayl24, when you get it, please post a review. I was looking at it on ebay, and I think it looks really good. I know a couple guys didn't like the fit of it on a different forum, but some other guys were quite happy.
Will do, should be here early next week I'd say.
it's made to use the existing mounts, so here's hoping it's a simple bolt on job :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris.... Your post has been deleted. It is against forum posting rules to put links from eBay in a thread.
Ah. Right ok. Well if anyone wants the links. The same items work out about 150 cheaper. Msg me

Tje shop is charging 99 labour because the R&G grill they sell doesnt fit with the yamaha side guards and have to be ground back a bit.

I have my own cnc workshop so can handle it myself.

Also have a mate with a laser cutter doing a grill frfor me in AL just not sure AL will hold up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
so the guards turned up today and they are pretty sweet. they went on easy as, hardest part was trying to find the washer i dropped.
basically undo the top radiator mounts, slide it off the bottom mount, chuck the guard on, do her back up and youre off.
only thing i can see as a negative is there are no mounts on the side, so towards the bottom side it feels a little flimsy. havent ridden with it yet, but cant imagine it will move at all.
Vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Car Tire Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
115 Posts
that looks good. I may have to go for one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts