Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just on the off chance that someone has a set they'd like to sell, I've warped mine (It's VIR's fault, actually). Thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ebay has em.

·
Registered
610 Posts
There was a couple sets of used OEM ones a few days ago.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Good enough time as any for an upgrade Marthy used R1 rotors, and stoltec put some new galfers on his.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Those long straights will really cook your brakes in the turns at VIR, especially the front straight if you had the speed limiter removed :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was on the South Course with the Cornerspeed class. It was sponsored through BMW MOA. Marthy came through with his old rotors (since he upgraded), and I'm buying his old ones. I never hit the speed limiter. I might have hit 115 on the straight. This course (Cornerspeed) was more concerned with setting up for the corner than hitting top speed. This was my first track experience, and the underlying truth is: I'm old and slow!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've still got the stock pads. I haven't swapped them out yet as I felt they were working fine (until they warped). They don't feel bad until I'm almost at a stop, then it's so bad I'm using the rear. As far as using a dial indicator, no I haven't.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
The stock pads are garbage for the track (or any sort of spirited riding). Trying swapping to something more aggressive. Lightly sand the rotors with 400 grit sand paper to allow for faster bedding, and run the new pads. I'd be surprised if the rotors are truly warped.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The stock pads are garbage for the track (or any sort of spirited riding). Trying swapping to something more aggressive. Lightly sand the rotors with 400 grit sand paper to allow for faster bedding, and run the new pads. I'd be surprised if the rotors are truly warped.
I will try this. The way they feel, I'd be surprised if they aren't. Ironically enough, I'm at work, and we're working on the brakes of a B737NG-900...carbon...drool....

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
This thread has me thinking R1 rotor swap and HH pads.
I found the HH pads to be too agressive with the R1 rotors. The EBC pro are a bit better but planning on testing the pads Nick just got. I'm using a FZ8 master also... 16mm instead of 15mm, better modulation and the mirror still fit :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts