Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has replaced their OEM seat and wants it gone, LMK.

·
Registered
418 Posts
ME TOO!!! I want to get mine redone, but don't want the bike to be down for a week or 2 waiting on it. If someone else has one they want to sell after PHM14, let me know as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have bought a seat from beetle, and it is on the way to seat concepts to be re-done. If anyone is needing a donor seat to avoid downtime, mine will be for sale as soon as I get the new seat back from SC. $70. shipped, same as I paid :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had Eddie Copeland in Maryville, Tn. rebuild my stock seat last weekend. Eliminated the forward slide and generally improved the comfort level of the seat. Eddie was fast and did a great job. Will include a photo soon. Pricing was much cheaper than buying the Yamaha comfort seat, or some of the other seat builders I have contacted. Actually found out about Eddie on one of the FZ 09 forums. Contact him at [email protected]. I even had my seat stitched with blue thread as I have decided to embrace the "blurple". The blue does not look bad at all. Tested the seat last Sunday by riding the twisty roads of the Smoky Mountain National park. Rode for several hours and my butt did not go numb. Put it to the extreme test Monday by riding US129 - The Tail of the Dragon. Seat was great. Hardly thought about it while riding.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My seat is outbound to v2Bob today. Santra, you should post some pics up...

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I have a seat. It will be available in a week or so. It isn't pristine, it has a couple nicks from being dropped on the pavement. I mean, like three 1/8" nicks in the cover. What's it worth? Cost of shipping? Anyone?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid $70. for my donor seat shipped direct to Seat Concepts from Beetlebaily here. I'm selling my seat with a shipping upgrade from USPS to FedEx for $75. Box I used from seat concepts is 36" long, with about 4" to spare. This resulted in quotes of $36. from UPS and $24.00 from FedEx. Mine is clean, but not sure that would matter as a donor. Set my price using the "pay it forward" value ;)
I have a seat. It will be available in a week or so. It isn't pristine, it has a couple nicks from being dropped on the pavement. I mean, like three 1/8" nicks in the cover. What's it worth? Cost of shipping? Anyone?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Received the seat from phm14 today in mint condition, thanks Pete.

I got the seat now to give me options, I haven't decided yet what to do. After more 09 miles I'll probably send one of the seats for a custom re-do, so the 2nd seat will prevent down time. After that I will keep the 2nd as a spare, or maybe use the stock seat for rides under 200 miles etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts