Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nissin radial master cylinder, it came with a mirror mount but it has normal threads, I want to use the stock mirror that has reverse (left hand) threads. Do you have or know of a source for such a piece? Black preferred but I can re-paint. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Ebay $4-5

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
I have a Nissin radial master cylinder, it came with a mirror mount but it has normal threads, I want to use the stock mirror that has reverse (left hand) threads. Do you have or know of a source for such a piece? Black preferred but I can re-paint. Thanks.
So Bob...is that radial master setup one of the Shindy's offered on Ebay? If so, what bore size is it. And were you able to source the correct mirror mount clamp?
Or is this the reason you were interested in the mirror part I had from my scuffed mirror, which I decided to keep as the mirror wasn't that badly damaged?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ridetofish, sorry for the delay answering. It is a new 19mm Nissin via Shindy Products, I forget whether I got it from eBay or Amazon. It is like this except both the body and lever are black.
Amazon.com: Shindy 17-656 Black/Silver Radial Master Cylinder Brake Kit for Daytona Nissin with 19mm Piston: Automotive
Nissin part number 49142 and the Shindy number is 17-656B.

My brake upgrading path hasn’t been straight or pretty, I’m new to radials and am not the best at sourcing compatible stuff etc. After I got the Nissin I started looking for levers, both because I want to try a shorty and so I know a source of reasonably priced replacements before the need (cough). Well I couldn’t find a Yamaha model that used a compatible lever, MadHornets only sells levers in pairs for specific models, they didn’t know what lever would fit my Nissin, etc. Not much luck looking elsewhere, meh.

I started looking for OEM radials for Yamahas, late model R6 and R1. The stuff on eBay looked over priced, incomplete, not the best condition etc.

PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket.

The core of the R1 master is reasonably priced, $80. (Crazy thing, the same for the R6 is a huge amount more.) If you order the complete thing new, reservoir, lever, every nut and washer etc it gets expensive but I think I can piece it together with stuff I already have, I only ordered the core and the lever pivot bolt new.

Lots of Yamahas use the same/compatible clutch lever, so I ordered a pair of R1 MadHornet black shorties. Will get braided lines and probably switch to EBC HH pads.

I’m getting a reverse thread mirror mount from a forum member but would like to pick up a 09 left side mirror base to have 2 solutions.

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
What a shame that it can't be a simple swap. It's early adopters like you that make it easier for the rest of us. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts