Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to this forum, just bought a 2015 fz09 yesterday, love it but want it to be a little louder. Not sure the exact format you guys use for these posts so let me know if I'm posting incorrectly.

As the title says, looking for either of those shipped to or local to Portland, OR area. Also was told that those two did not require any kind of air/fuel adjustment. If anyone has info on the validity of that let me know.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I have the Akra Carbon. It needs an ECU flash, cost $80. Otherwise, it will run like poo. With the flash, bwahaha, watch out.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I read somewhere that Hindle is the only system that will run with the stock ECU and not require a re-flash. I just can't find that info again???? but if I do I will post it.

+1 to Fizzerpilot with the Akrapovic Carbon or an Akrapovic Titanium system. I have just never like Two Brothers for some reason.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You missed the introduction page and the vin # page by posting a question first. Welcome and where are you riding? I can't afford the high mount akropovic that the mt-09 sport tracker option got but if I could then that would be my choice.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I had the carbon akra on my first MT because it has good power gains, looks good and great bang for your buck.
I have a scorpion system that I bought second hand on my second MT. New, the scorpion is overpriced. Second hand was great.

It's a bit heavier (ss can vs carbon) but because it has the ss can, it has a deeper tone. The akra sounded great, but this scorpion has more bass for shaking car doors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found a new akrapovic carbon for $740ish shipped, should be here next week. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am trying to choose between akra and yoshimura so I have an akra question. How far do the headers stick out in front if the motor? That is the only aesthetic downfall I see as the headers don't follow close to the bike. Just curious as I haven't seen one in person.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
About this far.

It bothered me, until I mounted them... And realized that in real life it doesn't look as exaggerated as the photos...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I do think the headers on the Yosh look better...but that can tho'.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks Fizzer! Those pics are perfect. And DTM74... I totally agree with you on that yoshimura can!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I agree, I prefer the tight profile headers, but in real life, the Akra don't look that odd. And, yes, the Yoshimura can is a little large.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am trying to choose between akra and yoshimura so I have an akra question. How far do the headers stick out in front if the motor? That is the only aesthetic downfall I see as the headers don't follow close to the bike. Just curious as I haven't seen one in person.
I'll let you know and take a picture once I get them on hopefully this week or weekend!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also, I decided to go with the flash from Vcyclenut thanks to input from Fizzerpilot, but was wondering how long can I run the pipes safely without the flash incase I've got a few weeks where I can't send the ECU out?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Also, I decided to go with the flash from Vcyclenut thanks to input from Fizzerpilot, but was wondering how long can I run the pipes safely without the flash incase I've got a few weeks where I can't send the ECU out?
I think it is safe to run, but mine ran like crap, compared to post flash. After the flash, it is a new bike, different motor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts