Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you were speeding and went through a speed trap and watched, in your mirror, the officer put on his lights and pull out??

So yeah I asked it and my reason is that I never thought I would have considered it and am still 99.99% sure I wouldn't. But.....I would be a liar If I said I didn't ponder the thought given certain circumstances where I thought I could make a few quick turns to get "lost".

This bike is regressing me into a real hooligan!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Back in my 600r days I ran at least a dozen times....until one time, one in our group got caught and turned me and others in (not a good friend apparently) and that wrecked my license for about 6 years. I am REALLY abbreviating a very intense and epic story here...but that's basically what happened.

Those were my foolish days...stupid stupid stupid. Just pull over and give the cop respect...it's not worth it

·
Registered
518 Posts
Personally, I would rather gamble with the stop and hoping that the cop would have the "why did you stop" reaction and give me a warning that risk running and getting caught. While I am pretty sure there is a law stating that they will not pursue motorcycles in my area, nothign will stop them from getting the tag.

The punishment for jetting is SOOOOO much worse in every case.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Back in the day I never stopped....and never got caught....these days I just pull over and take my lumps....

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
In my much younger days, I thought about it a couple of times, but never did it. Now days, it ain't even a thought. I've got a security clearance for my job and if it goes, so does the job.....and the fine and points wouldn't be a a grain of sand on a beach compared to losing my income.

·
Registered
369 Posts
In my much younger days, I thought about it a couple of times, but never did it. Now days, it ain't even a thought. I've got a security clearance for my job and if it goes, so does the job.....and the fine and points wouldn't be a a grain of sand on a beach compared to losing my income.
Same here. My clearance is up every few years. Need to keep that, otherwise I'd be out of my job.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Back in my 600r days I ran at least a dozen times....until one time, one in our group got caught and turned me and others in (not a good friend apparently) and that wrecked my license for about 6 years. I am REALLY abbreviating a very intense and epic story here...but that's basically what happened.

Those were my foolish days...stupid stupid stupid. Just pull over and give the cop respect...it's not worth it
I have a similar story, also with many more details and involving "not a good friend" - lol …. Needless to say I would not run now.

Reactions: LehighLuke

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I have never ran, but had a friend of mine who back in early 2000's rode a cbrf4 for the simple fact that he did not have a license and therefore could not stop, without a trip to jail. I have seen him successfully run at least 6 times. Thankfully now he has given that up, but it was always scary seeing him do it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
funny story, after final exams (many years ago on my fz600), rode off campus (UCF) and caught some air though an intersection and took off. I did not know a FL state trouper took off after me. I proceeded to carve my way through university boulevard for about 5 miles. I even stopped for a few red lights, not knowing he was full throttle after me in his 1991 crown vic.

5 miles later I was 1st in line at a red light when I saw the crown vic blast through the intersection, saw me and locked up the brakes TJ hooker style. He swung the car around and tackled me off the bike. he was out of his mind crazy, thinking I was running from him, but I never saw him in the first place - I was just having some fun.

Needless to say, I paid the price in traffic court with a pile O tickets. Funny thing was he did not get me for speeding...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Even though it would be an extreme adrenalin rush I wouldn't do it. If someone lost their lives from an accident caused from my chase I would never be able to live with myself. That includes any LEO's that were chasing me. Would be cool to be a stunt rider though and do a chase in a controlled environment.

·
Registered
168 Posts
With the patrol cars now of days better not try this with the FZ going to need a little more speed i believe.

the old saying u cant never outrun the radio is even more true today.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
funny story, after final exams (many years ago on my fz600), rode off campus (UCF) and caught some air though an intersection and took off. I did not know a FL state trouper took off after me. I proceeded to carve my way through university boulevard for about 5 miles. I even stopped for a few red lights, not knowing he was full throttle after me in his 1991 crown vic.

5 miles later I was 1st in line at a red light when I saw the crown vic blast through the intersection, saw me and locked up the brakes TJ hooker style. He swung the car around and tackled me off the bike. he was out of his mind crazy, thinking I was running from him, but I never saw him in the first place - I was just having some fun.

Needless to say, I paid the price in traffic court with a pile O tickets. Funny thing was he did not get me for speeding...
You must have been thrilled to see the New FZ-09 comes complete with mirrors........!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
LoL, yes, I had to go google the bike but this is it:

I thought it was the fastest thing ever back in 1991, if my parents knew I used my student loan money for that bike (bought used at a cycle salvage joint my pal worked at), they would have kicked me in the junk!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I was in stopped traffic the other night. It was horrible, my clutch hand felt like I just jerked off about 100 chickens.

The bike kept hitting 220 and the fan kept turning on, I was not a happy camper. Thought about making a run for it in the break down lane but couldn't find an exit anywhere close and it was pitch black and I couldn't see gravel or anything in that lane.

Next think I know a couple of horribly modded civics flew past me followed by 3 Harleys hauling ass.

I contemplated more about joining. Then I saw 2 police cruisers fly by. They nabbed them all.

Was happy I decided to sweat it out in traffic.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Was that Buford T. Justice by any chance? Som bitch...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts