Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What's it like to ride compared to the standard bars?
I like them a lot! I am 6'4" and these allow me to lean a bit more into a semi aggressive position without putting any strain on my back or wrists even after long rides. They are much more comfortable at freeway speeds for sure. I feel like I do not get as much wind drag and these allow me to tuck in more naturally if need be without feeling awkward compared to when I did with the standard bars. Just a background, I switched from standard bars to pro taper universal low bars for several months and was content with those but never did fully enjoy how wide they were. I found a good deal on these clip ons for half price and practically brand new which is why I switched bars to try them out, and am glad I did.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you put the pro taper where the clamps are, how much more forward are the clip ons?
Thanks
hmm it's hard to say since even though the clip ons have a 10 mm spacer that pushes the bars forward slightly, the sweep angle is much sharper than the shallower angle of the pro taper bars so based on feel, i would say the clip ons are a few mm's more forward but not by much. If I had them right now I could measure for you but I am at work currently.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts