Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a daily lurker but can't find any info on my idea. With that said, I was looking for opinions on the likelihood of the ducati monster clip on adapter plate working with our bikes, I like the buell clubman bars riding position, but I hate how they look on the bike from anywhere but the side view. Assuming the monsters risers bolt pattern is the same as ours I don't see why they wouldn't work? Or why I couldn't just change the risers as well if need be. Tank clearance is no issue obviously .Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's a really great idea! I actually really like the look of the clubmans and get tons of compliments on them! (Just wait until they no longer say buell lol.)

But this could be very interesting... especially if we could fit the 1" riser upside down so it would be 1" lowered!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
depending on the price - i'd be very interested int he woodcraft set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Nick: I am not very up on how to use these sites.Just wanted to thank you for your help on trying to find a sissy bar for FZ09. Hope this reaches you. Terry aka Heminut

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm assuming similar pricing to the Monster set up - $215 - doesnt seem bad for what you get.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Glad to see I'm not the only one interested! I wouldn't mind the price at all if it was around the monster set up price. Nick I've also inquired with Woodcraft regarding the idea of getting a batch made, hopefully they don't mind!
After some more "research" on the idea I found that a company makes the same kind of set up for 650 ninjas, just labeled as sports bars. Definitely not as fancy as the Woodcraft and they can't be flipped which I love that option but here is a pic for reference

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Years ago, there was a product for Buells that were similar. I've used them on a couple XB's and loved them. Their kit wasn't as nice as the Woodcraft since changing the height/angle required changing the bars.

Woodcraft didn't feel there would be a lot of interest when we first spoke, so it's good that this thread popped up unsolicited. I forwarded it to the owner and will follow up before the end of the week. I know they are busy with a few other projects and the close of the race season, so this might make a really good winter project.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm not sure I'd want to go that extreme. The ergonomics usually involved are a big part of the reason why I have a naked and not a fully faired supersport type bike right now. It does look like a high quality piece though.

1 - 20 of 317 Posts