Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market and the FZ-09 keeps topping my list. I'm close,very close, to pulling the trigger. I mean we could be talking this Friday!

Mentioned issues include: the CCT, oil leaks

Concerns include suspension, throttle.

I have fear that this bike could end up nickle and dimming me into regret. I love the feel of the bike, it's looks, ergonomics, and price tag. I don't have a fat wallet to keep throwing hundreds at this to get it right. Since this is the first year of this bike would I be better off going with something different and revisiting in a few years? Is this engine going to have longevity?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Spend an inordinate amount of time on any bike specific forum and you'll find every issue known to man.

Spend an inordinate amount of time on the bike, you'll probably ride and forget about most of them.

1,500 miles on mine, no CCT, no oil leaks, no suspension woes, throttle not an issue after ECU tuning.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I need to hear. Like what Brad Pitt said in the movie MoneyBall: "When you get the answer you want, hang up"

And I began thinking the exact same thing about spending time on the forums and what I would find for any bike.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You need to get the Rapid red one though...they are the only ones without the issues mentioned by the other two "colors" ;)

Seriously though. No issues here either. not many miles on her yet though - about 600...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I haven’t experienced or read about any type of oil leaks. Has this been a documented problem for some owners?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Over 100 members have sought help for their CCTs, this I know. The throttle you can actually adapt to, it isnt a big deal. Suspension, depends on your weight and riding style.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Wanna avoid being nickle-and-dimed? Believe only half of what your told on these forums. Me? I'm only here for the beer...and the ta-tas.

Reactions: Motley

·
Registered
80 Posts
Got my ecu flashed by stoltec and that was fixed. The cct is a free fix from yamaha, ~5k on mine and no oil or fork leaks

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
You can get by with the cheap CCT fix, stiffer springs, and an ECU flash to get a remarkable bike. The oil leaks are not leaks, they are initial seepage and go away. As far as longevity, nobody knows that answer as of yet.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wanna avoid being nickle-and-dimed? Believe only half of what your told on these forums. Me? I'm only here for the beer...and the ta-tas.
What the hell!? Which secret forum has the tatas!?

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
No problems here

I have 3000+ miles on my FZ-09. I am a daily commuter on the bike and rode it M-F through the winter here in NC. I had the ECU flashed by Stoltec, which solved all fueling issues. I have not had any suspension issues, but I plan to improve both front and back with Stoltec equipment. I have had no leaks and no CCT problems. In sum, I have been pleased so far and haven't seen the dealer except for the 600 mile check up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, to be honest, there are no boobies as of yet.. but a man can live in hope, can't he?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts