Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this is kinda lame but I had to do it. So on my way in to work this morning I had some guy chase me down in his hoped up 66 Malibu. He pulls out around me and tries to pull away, or at least in my mind that's what he was doing. Anyhow so I'm keeping right behind him on the hwy and we come up to a stop light. So I pull into lane next to him, I did not bother looking over at him as the tension was so thick it could have been cut with a knife. So, light turns green (in standard mode mind you) and I hammer it, well like 80% and start pulling away. Within seconds I'm at 103mph and he's 3-4 car lengths behind me and I'm still pulling. At this point I know it's over and I get off the gas. He on the other hand goes blazing past me still hammering the throttle like he won the race or something (lmao). Pretty funny really and not something I'm going to make a habit of...

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's fun to do on the FZ-09, even better when you let them take off first, then give it when you hot second gear and blow past them.

And it's hilarious to embarrass them on my DR650SE, lol. So many people just don't get the HP to weight ratio concept.

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
I've had similar experiences and it is always fun. And yes, the DR650 does well enough to humiliate many. I will say my last encouter on the FZ was with a 350Z which I assume has launch control and that car is pretty quick. I had my work cutout for me to make up the difference in the first 80 ft and then it was on. We both let off shortly thereafter to avoid any legal complications.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sometimes you just need to do "nothing" to make them look like fools. Let them take off like you are racing, and you just take off like normal. I have done that and seen the guy get pulled over by the cops a few block down the road. It helps when you know all the cops usual hiding spots and they don't, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts