Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm in the process of doing some wiring for the front and rear signals, but I hit a wall as far as my knowledge goes. I have a couple of questions that I hope some of you more wire-savvy members can answer :)

My turn signals for the rear I had customized and have three wires and no plug. I will most likely be purchasing a set of plugs since I can't get the wires out of the stock ones. Anyway, there's a ground wire, a signal wire, and a running light wire. Do I need to splice the front running light wire in order to activate the running lights in the rear? Or do the stock plugs support a running light feature if your signals have them?

Also, I will technically be running two sets of rear turn signals. Two in the taillight, and two separate. Would a turn signal Y splitter work as far as connecting the signals in the taillight and the two "other signals", as well as maintaining the running light feature on the "other" signals?

Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
You can tap into the running light wire going to the stock tail light, or the license light- both are on when the key is on. For the duplicate turn signals it shouldn't be an issue to tap into the stock turn signal wires if that's what you mean. You won't have any load issue with the stock wires if that's what you're worried about.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Blue wire on the RH side under the seat is the tail Light wire. Plug all of the wires together it will be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts