Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello riders, I currently own a 2013 ninja 300 and I want to upgrade. I have an interest in the fz09, but my concern is the bike doesn't have a windshield. For those that ride on the highway at speeds of 70-80 plus miles, how does it affect you? Are you blown around, feel uncomfortable, etc. Has anyone attempted to put a windshield on the bike, if so, can you please provide pictures.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
It is like standing in a hurricane. We are all anxiously awaiting screens. I have a MRE Touring on order for my long highway rides, and I am evaluating smaller screens for daily use.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum. How many miles do you have on the Ninja? What classes have you taken? Do you have dirt riding experience? Generally from something like your 300 a 2nd bike in the 50 to 70hp range would be better than the FZ09. Lot's of good new and used bikes in that range. Fun too ;) After your 300 a good bike with 70hp will feel like a rocket.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lots of wind...I recommend a good helmet and good weather gear. As Bob said, you should probably get a more mid range sports bike. Sv650 is a badass bike, or a FZ6R if you want more wind protection. I loved my 6R and you won't necessarily grow out of it fast.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 2000 miles on it. The 300 was my first bike, and I am ready to upgrade. I've taken the basic msf course. While shopping around I had interest in the 636 or r6, the the riding position is to aggressive. I am hearing so much good things about the fz09, I just have to give it a try. Also, I don't want to keep purchasing different bikes so I want to get a power bike and be happy with it for the next four plus years.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I had a ton of dirt experience when I hopped on my first Yamaha R5, 350 2-stroke. That bike was an insane beast for a 15 year old kid, namely me. Honestly, after that and a few RD350 and 400 Yamahas, I am surprised that I lived to type this at 54 years young. I doubt I would have taken advise from a bunch of well meaning geezers, so if you have a healthy respect, and ride responsibly, then go for it. You started on a 300 and not a Supersport 600 racebike which says alot about the type of person that you are.

My acid test is: If you have a good sense of balance and don't worry about dropping a bike, then motorcycling is for you. If you don't, take up golf.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I currently live in Brooklyn NY. The 300 has done wonders for me on the streets, but i intend to explore more of the highways, and travel a lot more on the roads.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am 34 years old and i believe i am a fast learner and have common senses. I am glad to say i haven't dropped my bike yet even though it was my first bike. I feel extremely comfortable and confident on my 300 and believe i will be mature enough to handle a powerful bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello riders, i currently own a 2013 ninja 300 and i want to upgrade. I have an interest in the fz09, but my concern is the bike doesn't have a windshield. For those that ride on the highway at speeds of 70-80 plus miles, how does it affect you? Are you blown around, feel uncomfortable, etc. Has anyone attempted to put a windshield on the bike, if so, can you please provide pictures.
mods, please merge or close this thread. I wasn't aware there was a thread on windshield already. I should have searched. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.