Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a windscreen.
Lets see what you have and how well do you like it.
I'm looking for a long distance unit, but put all your reviews here for other folks as well.
Thanks,
Gary

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Yamaha factory front cowl - looks good, providers next to zero wind protection.

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
227 Posts
I tried the Yamaha one, but just can't get my head around putting a windscreen on my naked bike, so it's for sale....though it probably doesn't offer much extra wind protection, just smoothes it out a bit.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you want a big reduction on wind you will need a big honker and many of these have their problems.
Hawker is spot on. What are you looking to accomplish ? Touring with no wind pressure will require a screen that clears your helmet. I use the Fabbri touring screen. It cuts some blast to the chest, but my helmet remains exposed.

[

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the Yamaha windscreen. Really does nothing for wind protection but keeps the bugs from getting smashed under the cluster area. Much easier to clean with it installed.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
416 Posts
+1 on the Yamaha fly screen here! Like others have stated, not much for wind protection but it makes the front end of the bike look MUCH MUCH better.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Rizoma polycarbonate flyscreen here, it doesn't deflect too much air but it does compliment the bike nicely.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Car

Vehicle Adventure Motorcycle Adventure game Car

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a MRA with home grown added support brackets. It works nicely.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Automotive wheel system Wheel Automotive lighting

Reactions: GaryC

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Everytime i see a someone with a windscreen on their FZ it reminds me of this.

I WISH they made one that looked like that. LOL ;)

I have a Fabbri touring screen also. I bought it before ever riding my bike, so I have no reference (I'm thinking of removing it and doing a test ride). It's still very windy on my bike, but there is minimal wind below my chin. I get A LOT of bugs on and in my helmet though. I would imagine with a taller screen there would be far fewer bugs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what was the reason for additional supporting? did it shake at speed?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Another guy with the genuine Yamaha "windscreen"... Will deflect wind up to 5mph, any faster and you get the usual category 10 hurricane in the upper body/face area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fabbri GEN-X SPORT. Not much wind protection. Just smooths it out a little and looks good IMO.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the Puig Touring screen and it works - just okay. If you are looking for real wind protection, you will need to go with a big ugly (like the Yamaha Touring). If you are looking to just tidy up the top of the light - pick the one you like the look of best and go for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts