Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I don't have a GPR damper in hand, I was looking at the minimum clearance between my Ermax 25cm flyscreen and the instrument panel. Pretty tight there.
If the risers needed with the GPR damper move the bars forward, then I don't see that setup working with the windscreen. Am I missing something? Please tell
me I'm wrong.

~fish

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry for the late response. I installed an Ermax 25 cm windscreen soon after I bought my FZ-09. I picked up a GPR damper after that. You are correct, when the damper is installed with the bar risers the speedo/tach bracket touches the windscreen. Without cutting/modifying any of the bike or windscreen parts I tried to make use of the tolerances available (and add spacers/washers) to alleviate the contact. Nothing worked. I have been trying to find out if the Puig windscreen give the same problem. If they do, I will either modify my Ermax to make it work or somehow relocate the speedo/tach and bracket.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does anyone know how the GPR fits with the factory Yamaha windscreen? With STOCK bars?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone know how the GPR fits with the factory Yamaha windscreen? With STOCK bars?
Yes it fits with ease, no clearance problems at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts