Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Will These Adjustable Pegs Work on the FZ09?

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  River 
#1 · (Edited)
Having had a severe knee injury, the knee will now only bend 90 degrees. When sitting on the FZ09 it feels uncomfortably tight bending to the peg. Will these Black Shadow Front Adjustable Footpegs 40mm for Yamaha FZ6 s Fazer 04 13 | eBay FZ6 adjustable pegs mount on and allow reach to the shift and brake pedals on the FZ09? Forty millimeters is 1.57". Can't raise the seat with my 29" inseam. If they work or there's an alternative, I'm going bike shopping. :^) TIA

#2 ·
The only way to tell for sure is to buy them and see. For 65 that is a steal for adjustable pegs.

#3 ·
Yes, they should work.

I put the rubber topped footpegs off of my 06 FZ6 on my 09 to help dampen vibrations in the footpegs from the engine. They fit perfectly in the 09 mounts, so these should fit just fine.

Don't forget that you'll also need a replacement pivot pin for the LH footpeg :icon_thumright:

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Do you know if the brake pedal has enough adjustment to lower it 1.57" or thereabouts. I imagine the shifterlinkage will just get rotated on a splined shaft.

#5 ·
How much you want to lower the brake and shift levers will depend on the angle your feet are at. If your legs are short then you shouldn't need to lower them as much because unlike me your toes won't be angled downward off the pegs. You really need to buy and try. The MFW Vario's are really nicely made and have a 50mm arm available. A lot more expensive - but they are something that will stand out as being really nice on your bike. Get the FZ6R/FJR1300 versions.

#6 ·
I have these (aluminum finished) on my FZ-09 to give me more leg room. When riding more aggressively through turns I need to keep my toes on the pegs or the foot bottom drags. They are more comfortable for everyday riding having wider foot rest and a few more mm of leg room.

#7 ·
For those of you who have these pegs, I have some questions.

1. How is the grip compared to the OEM?
2. what length extension did you go with and do you still find yourself dragging toes?
3. can you use them without the extension arm?
4. how long was delivery time?

Thanks,

#8 ·
I can tell you delivery time is about a 10 working days from them.....It gets out of China very fast but gets hung up in the states... placed my order for the Loop E Mark signals and they where in California in 2 days ! And then I got them 6 to 7 days latter ...

#9 · (Edited)
The compatibility chart states specifically that the pegs will not fit the FZ09.
A friend had a set of these laying around in his shop and I fitted the rightside peg and noticed rightaway that the peg sloped downward
just a bit. Stock pegs tilt upward just a bit to help with keeping your foot on the peg. Do any of you that have these, Black Shadow Front Adjustable Footpegs, notice the downward tilt I saw?

#10 ·
Do you think its a design flaw or are the peg mounts on the FZ6 angled differently?

Rather then wait and find out, I just ordered a set of Pegs from competitionwerks, FZ-09 is not on their website, but they told me over the phone that all front pegs for Yamaha's are the same fitment. They also include mounting pins.. cotter pin style.

#11 ·
also curious on the outcome of this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.