Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TO NEVER RIDE THE BIKE IN STOCK FORM ????????
SE ITS -30 OUT NOW . MODS HAVE BEGUN , GETTING TRIPLE CLICKER SHOCK , ECM FLASH , FORK REDO , ECT . WILL BE SET BEFORE I EVER RIDE IT . MAYBE IT WILL WARM UP BY THEN . HOPE TO START IT THIS WEEKEND , IT MAY HIT 30 :nike:

·
Registered
64 Posts
You may be the only one. If not it will most likely be people like yourself in the frozen North who can't ride anyway. I bought mine on Christmas eve and put 520 miles on it before New Year. I do plan on doing all of the upgrades you mentioned though, that should make a great bike awesome!

Mike

·
Registered
962 Posts
It's 30 in northern Wisconsin? Damn - it's 21 in central Texas...

Gear up an go for a ride - even if it's a short one. Just remember that your tires are going to get as little grip as though they are made of wood...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOW THAT'S 30 BELOW ZERO . YESTERDAY HIGH TEMP WAS NEG 14 .EEEEE
yes bike was hauled home in a truck ,was a nasty cold day, pushed thru the snow into the basement .there is no fuel it either .so not even started yet .it , dealer bugging me to pick it up . but i said im waiting to get warmer than neg 20 to pick it up .

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my yamaha snowmobile , got it new . never rode it stock . tweeked right from the dealer . i bet at 12,000 miles it runs better than a stock one . and no its not rebuilt either . 700 triple 2 stoke

·
Registered
276 Posts
my yamaha snowmobile , got it new . never rode it stock . tweeked right from the dealer . i bet at 12,000 miles it runs better than a stock one . and no its not rebuilt either . 700 triple 2 stoke
Y'all snowmobile fellows have the best technology, especially the engines. I wish motorcycles could follow suit. Of course snowmobiles are off road vehicles and more open to manufactures creativity. Not that one would do me any good here where I live. But I think they rock!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Do I qualify....I swapped tires before I started riding it.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YUP I GUESS . but that would be a stage one mod
mine might be a stage five :nike:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ah, what a difference that little - character makes. Yep - I think I'd stay inside too... Hmm, a 700cc triple two stroke - as much as I'd love to hear it sing I might want it to warm up a bit for that too. I would probably play around spitting and throwing pots of boiling water in the air though...

·
Registered
238 Posts
TO NEVER RIDE THE BIKE IN STOCK FORM ????????
SE ITS -30 OUT NOW . MODS HAVE BEGUN , GETTING TRIPLE CLICKER SHOCK , ECM FLASH , FORK REDO , ECT . WILL BE SET BEFORE I EVER RIDE IT . MAYBE IT WILL WARM UP BY THEN . HOPE TO START IT THIS WEEKEND , IT MAY HIT 30 :nike:
Nope, way ahead of ya...

JRi shock
GP Suspension 20mm valve kit
Woodcraft Frame sliders en route (ish)
2-wheel dynoworks will be reflashing the ECU and dyno tuning (aka breaking in the motor) it in 3 -4 weeks time.
OEM Dunlops will be removed and sold and I'll replace them with some 1 track day used Q3's I have in the garage from last summer.

I'll pick it up from them with all that stuff done to it already, then I'll likely mount a small flyscreen and THEN, likely insure it in Mid-late March and actually try this thing out.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm almost in that situation, one 26 mile ride before winter, I was doing the fast break in method and it was my first ride in 10 years. So it was point and shoot the straights, Harley speed for the turns lol. My only personal experience with the 09 is that it is *'n quick 20 to 90 and I have to put my face between the mirrors to barely keep the front down.

I hoped to put several thousand miles on the 09 before seriously modifying it, because my riding is so rusty I won't be pushing it that hard (and I'm light so the suspension isn't so bad for me), and I wanted to know what the 09 is like stock so I'd better know what changes to make and appreciate the changes.

But I don't want to lose riding time mid summer, so I guess I'll mod it this winter. Stoltec forks, Penske, ECU flash, maybe low bars etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
getting shock 3 clicker . f brake lines,. throttle miester off the 6r , hid head light ,russel seat, ebc f pads .forks redone .w/s big and ugly but works well . like the seat .and more .
i scheduled my hip surgery for march 4th. let the pain end , ride on
last hip done was 2.5 weeks then back to work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts