Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law has an r6 and has went on about a pansie 3 cylinder with a top speed limit on since i bought the bike. I have not heard no one actually test the bike against another on a roll on drag. Dont want to be humiliated and give him even more reason to talk smack about a sissy bike. I figuired i could take the first 1/8th but did not know how strong the r6 would be during the last 1/8th mile. If im going to loss and give him the big head ill just let it be but i would really like to shut him up because i have no intentions on having another bike.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My brother in law has an r6 and has went on about a pansie 3 cylinder with a top speed limit on since i bought the bike. I have not heard no one actually test the bike against another on a roll on drag. Dont want to be humiliated and give him even more reason to talk smack about a sissy bike. I figuired i could take the first 1/8th but did not know how strong the r6 would be during the last 1/8th mile. If im going to loss and give him the big head ill just let it be but i would really like to shut him up because i have no intentions on having another bike.
Anybody who calls the FZ-09 a sissy bike is not speaking with any form or reason or education! You can beat a person like this and odds are He will still be talking out his @$$ because that's what they do. I do not know who would win, but I do know that a triple deserves respect. What does he have to say about a V-Twin?? does he expect his R6 to smoke a twin 1000 just because it has less cylinders? Again, i've never actually run these things, but I am open to learning and understanding how and why either of these bikes ought to match up and which "should" win in a Drag situation.

I am sure you will get some very educated responses here, and I am curious to find out how this little feud works out! hahaah, Be safe brotha and smoke him.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
last time i let him ride my bike years ago he cut the tire down and didnt want to be stranded so road it home with a flat. Needless to say new tire and rim i had to buy will not even take the chance of someone doing something to my new bike way to long of a wait to get one

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lokks like u had an 02 how much difference are the powers of these bikes. And no strip will no doubt be open road if it happens

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hm, can you say Blowhard? He may be able to beat you, but the magazine tests say the FZ-09 would win. R6 10.90, FZ-09 10.66

The next time he brings it up, ask him how long he's been obsessed with pansies...

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's going to depend on rider and ammount of mods...
2 of the guys I regularly ride with ride r6
One is same level riding skill as me, his bike has mid pipe&slip on, ecu reflash, pcv/at, and -1 sprocket - we've raced from a roll in 2-6 gear (tried starting in every gear) and he takes me every time but not by A LOT, just a slow pull. All races we went all the way to 132 lol.

The other guys r6 is all stock except a slip on, riding skill about the same as me, same races, and it's dead even starting in 4,5, or 6. Startting in 2 or 3 I a good jump and he never catches up lol..

My bike is 100% stock minus a mirror and r6 front bmc lol. From a dig tho, neither of them keep up 1st-3rd.. the r6 is a lot slower in any rpm below 9-10k for them

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If you do race him, do on a track please.

A few weeks ago a forum member went to a drag track, was running his 09 against the street version of that hot BMW World Superbike. If I recall right the 09 was as good or better to 1/8th mile, then the BMW got the 1/4.

But I guess your bro in law will come up for an explanation for his R6 being faster than a World Superbike BMW. ;)

Some guys enjoy trash talking, I don't. Your bro in law sounds like a d*** h***.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Both those r6 are also the 'r6' model not 'r6s'... One is 09 one is 12... I dunno a lot about the r6 but I'm pretty sure the 06 is the 's' model and is slower... So as long as u guys are close to the same weight and riding skill and both bikes have evenmods you'll win every time lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What v2bob said.

In a drag the 09 has better acceleration because of more torque, it's the same weight or lighter, and still has max horsepower in the top rpms, which is only a few horses less an an R6. My old FZ6R was very good competition for an 09 R6 and that thing doesn't have near the power of the R6, but because of its power curve and better torque delivery...at normal speeds it's very close.

Go to a track and film you kicking his lyin ass :) and wear the proper gear.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
957 Posts
The FZ-09 has quicker 0-60 acceleration (documented in Cycle World Magazine) than the BMW S1000RR. 0-60 time of 2.7 seconds. Of course that depends on a rider who is far more skilled than either you or your buddy.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Tell him to bring his R6 to one of our track days and I'll make sure a couple of our Instructors give him a visual lesson on going fast.....on a track with turns. Anyone can go fast in a straight line (I'm not dissing the drag race guys here...that's fun too).

Now, as has been stated in previous posts.... a lot of the results of the drag race will depend more on rider skill than the bikes. Theoretically, the FZ should win the race....riders being equal. The FZ front wheel is harder to keep on the ground than the R6, so launch control is critical with that bike.

AND.........if you are going to do this..........please, find a drag strip to do it on.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had a 2001 R6. I assure you that my MT will win a contest from 0 till 100 km/hour (65 mph?).
R6 comes alive at 10.000 rpm. Before the R6 reaches that the MT will be gone.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same as above, before this bike I had a 2009 R6. The FZ will kick its butt from 0 to maybe 65... and then the R6 will fly by. Absolutely no low-end on the R6 unless you do the typical -1/+2 sprocket conversion, and even then the FZ will probably have a decent lead.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Speed is codependent on number of stickers and exhaust pipes.

If anyone tells you otherwise they are a liar and a fool.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My daughter has a 36v electric motorcycle that does 20 mph. She wants to put an exhaust pipe on it so she can keep up with "our" fz-09. Funny, it was originally "my" fz-09.
20140101_120833 crop.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
It depends on you. The bike has what it takes. My buddy bought a gsxr 600 when I had my fz6, we both had PC3s and exhaust but my pc3 was tuned on the laptop as opposed to the stupid lights. I just flat out smoked his ass everytime. I think I hurt his feelings because he went a bought a ninja1000r. We lined them up again and I. Got to about 90 before he rocketed past me like I was sitting still. He was lacking in skill, so lacking he didn't pass his MSRC.

Good clutch controll is key. Just because he has a windscreen and no limiter doesn't make that "race replica" any more special. Think about it, where are you going to find enough road to push it to 140++? Standing mile or interstate. Hmmm there is a lot more interstates than standing miles. So no, him ragging you about a limiter tells me he is kind of a moron.

Smoke his ass on the strip so you can laugh when he cries "you won race me on the street." :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts