Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah, I think the Mann TT is best 2 (and 3) wheel racing on pavement in the world. Because of limited bandwidth I didn't watch this YouTube but I watch the yearly week of races there on TV (the Velocity channel?) Most of the time vehicles on TV don't seem to be going as fast as they really are, but with the Mann racing you feel it. Raises my heart and respiration rate just watching lol. Too bad the announcers have trouble speaking English clearly. ;)

It is good that most road courses are safer than the Isle of Mann, but I'm glad there's one place in the world that is still old school.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I cant get enough of those videos. Insanity.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i don't ride mine like that ether going to have to respect the FZ09 she is hard to keep the front wheel down in first two gears have to short shift them to keep out off trouble and keep the shinny side up haha...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Some really great characters race the TT... Guy Martin is one of the more interesting, thou he had some issues this year (go watch the videos). :O

·
Registered
30 Posts
I watched a documentary on this after watching a few races, and was extremely disappointed! its called charged on Netflix. they ran the course on electric bikes at a 1/4 of the speed... as for the engineering it was awesome, but for the legacy of what that race is all about and stands for they should have selected a different track to use.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I watched a documentary on this after watching a few races, and was extremely disappointed! its called charged on Netflix. they ran the course on electric bikes at a 1/4 of the speed...
not 1/4 speed, 1/5 length. the tt zero race is only 1 lap because none of the electric bikes can go longer than that on a single charge.

they can run the tt zero race for 5 laps if they wanted to. they'd just need a 12 hour pit stop every lap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts