Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How about a three-cylinder naked bike that makes more power and torque than a Street Triple, but costs $1,400 less? Sounds good to us. Enter the 2014 Yamaha FZ-09. It’s hot. Last week, we had the opportunity to see, touch, feel and sit-on (but not ride, that’s happening in October) this new Yamaha. And, we’re extremely excited to announce that this is one bike that should absolutely live up to the hype. There’s not a single part on it that feels in the slightest bit cheap. Sitting on it, it feels almost impossibly light and slim. Every surface and every texture and every component has received the kind of attention-to-detail Yamaha typically reserves for its R6 and R1 range. So, when we heard the price — just $7,990 — we were literally gobsmacked.

Continue Reading @ Jalopnik

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I currently ride a 1995 Yamaha XJ600. Here's my reasons:

-It's a Yamaha
-Nearly twice the HP as my current bike
-Weighs over 50 lbs less
-Thin profile
-Unique styling (doesn't fit into the either-a-sportsbike-or-a-cruiser mentality)
-Awesome price
-It catches my eye more than anything else out there

·
Registered
27 Posts
torque, weight, riding posture, 3cyl, price :toothy9:
willing to pay more: fairing, abs, saddlebags

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought an FZ-1 in 2003 and it's been my daily rider ever since. But 10 years and 70,000 miles has made her a bit long in the tooth... This bike looks like a good addition.

Only mild concern is the puny gas tank... I'm use to the FZ's 5.4 (or is it 5.7...) gallon tank only needing a fill every 3 weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts