Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If you have an FZ07 I don't know why you would even ride the 9 anyway.
I hear ya bro'. After finding out that the 09 will cost more than 3x insurance over the 07 has me thinking differently all together over and above just figuring out which I like more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes, I was also surprised at the insurance price jump I incurred when getting my 09. Mine jumped up about $775 a year from my FZ6, and I don't have a single speeding ticket on my record. I personally still like the 09 better, but damn the 07 is fun!

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
That's a good point about helmets. I had Schuberth that was quiet, but turned me into a nodding dog in turbulent air, and had a constant drag at speed.
My Nolans have been noisier, but their aerodynamics are excellent. minimal turbulence and drag at any speed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Riding forward and or installing clip ons is only going to bend your back more thus increasing pressure to the lower back....? Guess what? PAIN STRAIN. What to do? I’m 66 I firstly got rid of the stock handlebars and bought aftermarket black upright ones. For some reason they are much more rider friendly position wise. I think the other guy mentioned Swallow. Anyway they have to be a “Fat” handlebar to fit. Next to reduce the strain you mention. Get your seat reupholstered. They sell kits and it you can staple with an air stapler. You can do it yourself. Finally, you have to someone “tune” your suspension. The bumps and tires movement causes minor vibrations to move all over the bike. Look into a back Velcro brace to help stabilize your lower back. I see a lot of riders use these. Good luck. I hope this works. It is what I did at 66 yrs old.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,531 Posts
Riding forward and or installing clip ons is only going to bend your back more thus increasing pressure to the lower back....? Guess what? PAIN STRAIN.
That's incorrect. We're not talking about roadrace clip-ons here. Just something to balance your body against the wind.

I think the other guy mentioned Swallow. Anyway they have to be a “Fat” handlebar to fit.
The Swallow bars are "fat" bars, and they work perfectly.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
If you have a relatively normal anatomy a slight forward lean and bringing your knees slightly more forward and feet slightly back so that your knees are in line or slightly forward of your toes (picture a proper squat form) is going to be much better for your back, well really your whole body. Obviously you want a straight back or slight arch pretty much anything but a rounded back. Keep weight on the balls of your feet and thighs in contact with the tank. This keeps impacts where they belong through your feet and legs not your lower back.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
My anatomy is nothing like that.
Thank God.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I sometimes identify as a very nice Matchbook Chardonnay, other times as a Moana Park Viognier.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
If I’m ever on a sinking ship I guarantee I’ll identify as a woman.
It won't work these days. They're equal now, and they can swim like us.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts