Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I contaminated the front brake pads while changing to steel brake lines and now the brakes are aren't what they used to be, which was good for my style riding. Does anyone know which manufacturer makes the OEM brake pads. The pads need to be good without warm up as I live on a mountain/coastal road and hit it immediately. TIA

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
i used dp pads HH (dunlop pads). good for me leaving for work at 5am in the cold.
Although Australian cold isnt US cold, only around 8 degrees c. If you want OEM, just get em from your dealer.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live almost an hour away from the nearest dealer, so if the UPS guy could bring them, great. A Galfer tech recommended PP rated pads, like the stockers, even though Galfer makes HH pads. Good braking when cold is critical and it generally seems the the better the performance, the longer it takes the pad to warm up to their optimal operating temps. Lastly, I was pleased with the stock pads' performance. That's my rationale.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
So I contaminated the front brake pads while changing to steel brake lines and now the brakes are aren't what they used to be, which was good for my style riding. Does anyone know which manufacturer makes the OEM brake pads. The pads need to be good without warm up as I live on a mountain/coastal road and hit it immediately. TIA
have you tried using brake cleaner to clean off the contamination?

the front pads are manufactured by the same oem that makes the front calipers - advics. there are a lot of good aftermarket alternatives, but if you like the stock pads (they have a 'gg' friction rating), you can order them through your dealer or online (partshark.com, etc.).

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
have you tried using brake cleaner to clean off the contamination?

the front pads are manufactured by the same oem that makes the front calipers - advics. there are a lot of good aftermarket alternatives, but if you like the stock pads (they have a 'gg' friction rating), you can order them through your dealer or online (partshark.com, etc.).
Agreed on all points.

If you decide to switch to the EBCs, get the HH (as opposed to the EPHH). They don't need any meaningful warmup and provide more bite than the stock gg pads. Personally, I'm very fond of the Galfer sintered pads. They have a very wide temp range, so although they are great at track temps, they work well in the cold. I personally use them on all my street bikes.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I put Galfer sintered pads on my 'tard based on the reviews and they definitely live up to the hype.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Galfer tech recomended their PP pads for my bike. I also washed the pads and disc with brake cleaner immediately after contamination.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Galfer tech recommended the G1054 pads, part #FD178G1054. He said they recommend this pad for all stock replacements for my type of bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts