Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a GPS on their Niner? If so, what kind, location and how did you power it? Any help would be awesome!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use the Waze app on my phone.
Mounted using a RAM x-grip to the handlebar clamp M8 bolts.
I have the power coming from the RH scoop AUX power to a USB charger that converts 12v to 5v 2.1 amp, mounted under the instrument cluster.

Very minimal and efficient, has worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use my phone in the tank bag, a Sena SMH10R Bluetooth ( calls disabled ) and for power use a POD-X1. I have been using this set up for a while now and cant see changing anytime soon. The only thing i am carrying extra is a 12oz jump pack (really will jump start the bike :rolleyes: )

Urban Tank Bag - Black | Products | Ride Icon
SMH10R - Sena
POD-X1

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ram mount to the bars and just ran the factory cord to a cigarette outlet I have under the seat. not a great pic but you can see how its mounted if you zoom in fz09-gps.jpg

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I have an older Magellan Roadmate 2200T. It's waterproof and charges are good for 8 hours, which I've verified. Got it really cheap on EBay. Also bought a Magellan handlebar clamping bracket with a mounting pad that snaps into the back of the GPS. It's mounted dead center on my handlebars and works great. If you can find a good used one, it's all you need for a minimal investment. You can wire it back to the battery, but with 8 hours of power, I never bothered to do that making it very neat and clean on the bike.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I use my phone in the tank bag, a Sena SMH10R Bluetooth ( calls disabled ) and for power use a POD-X1. I have been using this set up for a while now and cant see changing anytime soon. The only thing i am carrying extra is a 12oz jump pack (really will jump start the bike :rolleyes: )

Urban Tank Bag - Black | Products | Ride Icon
SMH10R - Sena
POD-X1
i have almost identical set up - for power i use a portable Anker 1300mAh battery.

Would be nice to upgrade to a garmin made specifically for riding but paying $500+ just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I use google maps on my phone through ear buds. No visual just listen for instructions. Previous owner installed a usb charger so i just run a cable from my pocket under the seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts