Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of picking up a set a saw a few photos of some on the site but wondering what brand and model everyone is using.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Doug, hard to tell from the video, but seems like if you are behind someone in the daytime signalling to pass those wouldn't be effect in their mirrors. Though it helps they are surrounded by the black of the guard.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I spliced in Light Tech blinker / running lights in the factory location that are on the back of the bike in the video. They signal forward and on the sides. When I pass someone, I am always prepared to move over and gun it if they pull over on me. It is an instinct thing with me.

·
Registered
584 Posts
+1 on the acerbis hand guards

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have Barkbuster EGO guards on my YZ250F and love the look and function of them, but if I ever get any for the FZ09 I'll go with MX guards, not full wrap-around enduro guards.

Like these:

Or these:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have Acerbis handguards.
Do these mount up easily with the included hardware? I see they are weighted to also function as a bar end weight, is that working out alright? I am just looking for something to keep the wind off my hands without having to sacrifice having a bar end weight or milling out the factory one.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Do these mount up easily with the included hardware? I see they are weighted to also function as a bar end weight, is that working out alright? I am just looking for something to keep the wind off my hands without having to sacrifice having a bar end weight or milling out the factory one.
You, my friend, need the barkbusters then- great coverage (possibly most amongst available options) and mount single sided..,

·
Registered
133 Posts
It took me 10 minutes to mount them. Peace of cake.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Zeta here. I have used them for years with great luck.

Is it just the video or is the light output much less than the stock turn signals?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
You, my friend, need the barkbusters then- great coverage (possibly most amongst available options) and mount single sided..,
Any more shots of your bike with these barkbusters? Just looking for some other angles, possibly head on. I'm kind of digging not having the full wrap like the Zetas.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts