Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my FZ09 a week or so ago, it was yellow and I hated it, so I did a little painting the other day, thought I'd share it here. Super amateur job but it turned out basically flawless, hopefully it holds up over time!

Got a few parts coming in the mail this week (fender eliminator, bar end mirror, akrapovic exhaust) I'll post pics when I get those on.

IMG_1742.jpg IMG_1743.jpg IMG_1741.jpg

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Ah, couldn't quite tell in the pics. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Or trade for some blurple wheels and do a matching off set stripe in blurple/black on the tank. And maybe steal niners idea and paint your rad guard white with blurple font

Either way nice to finally see a Yamaha in white.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Didn't someone post a pic white one he had with the old school Yamaha, red racing stripe? He was overseas if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, I just put on a few new parts and the bikes looking good, I'll post pictures later today. I like some of the ideas to make the paint stand out a little more, not sure yet what I'm going to do though, maybe some simple stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Love the look of this. Makes for much cleaner lines vs. the yellow. I've been considering painting mine as well but I'm terrified of how well it will hold up. If you don't mind me asking what kind of paint did you use for the plastic vs. the tank if not the same? And how well has it held up over time?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks super cool, Love the white fz-07, I was curious why they didn't offer it for the 09

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Didn't someone post a pic white one he had with the old school Yamaha, red racing stripe? He was overseas if I remember correctly.
I was looking for that one last night.
If I remember correctly it was an Australian guy building it for his wife. Super neat build with some nice components, trick paint and lots of little hand made farkles.
I'll keep searching since that gives me a reason to revisit some past stuff on the forum!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bike looks awesome man! I've been thinking about vinyl wrapping my bike white for a while now but was afraid of how it'd look. I'll be ordering the stuff later this week to do it now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts