Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for a new helmet and I kind of like the new dual purpose style with visor as it seems to match the naked bike style. Just wondering what you guys are rocking...

or

·
Registered
60 Posts
I currently rock an icon variant. Love it! Gets a bit turbulent over 90, but I don't hit those speeds often anyways

·
Registered
654 Posts
Currently an rf1100 but the next one will be a dual sport or a modular

·
Registered
539 Posts
Leave the dual sport (dirt bike style) for Supermotos and Mx bikes, wind catches pretty badly at highway speeds and it looks cheesy on anything but a supermoto or mx bike. (IMO of course)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Shark speed R. Absolutely brilliant on a naked bike like the MT.
Had an agv dual sport with a peak on it before that (ax8 evo, maybe? It had some kinda stupid name like that) that was pretty good, peak was okay to about 110kph, and worth it heading into the sun.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
That's the one, but mine had the removable peak. The peak was a lot more solid than the one that the Arai version has. That was really flimsy.
And the agv looks tough as F with a black visor.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wear a Bell RS-1. Love it. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a k4 Evo AGV helmet for the fz and a speed and strength dual sport helmet for my sumo. I used my sumo helmet once on the Honda and the air just bites at the visor and pulls your head up at anything above 70 mph.

·
Registered
464 Posts
IM currently wearing a speed and strength rage with the machine, in blue. Thinking about switching over to a dual purpose helmet, I like how they look on naked bikes

image.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
I really don't understand why people want to wear dirtbike helmets when they're not on dirtbikes.

I stay away from modular helmets due to how much heavier they are than normal full face helmets.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
37 Participants
tedbot
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing