Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Arrow.. Or.. G.P.R. - which do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From an aesthetics, sound, and performance stand point... which would you prefer?

Arrow Exhaust:
Specs:
Arrow Header: 6.17 lbs. / 2.8 kg
Arrow Street Thunder (dark aluminum carby): 3.97 lbs. / 1.8 kg
TOTAL = 10.14 lbs

Supposed "6.65 HP" gain over stock

G.P.R. Exhaust (the system that starts at :54):
Specs:
G.P.R. Inconel Headers : 4.65 lbs. / 2.11 kg
G.P.R. GPE Poppy: 3.42 lbs. / 1.55 kg
TOTAL = 8.07 lbs.

Supposed "5.5 HP" gain over stock

I know the videos are not comparable in quality... but try your best to choose your preference.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The GPR exhaust looks and sounds horrible! Aluminum/carbon look? Sounds like it's straight from China off eBay but with Italian print. It's just another generic system that you have to cut your stock system. Just do it right the first time with a full purpose built system.

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The GPR exhaust looks and sounds horrible! Aluminum/carbon look? Sounds like it's straight from China off eBay but with Italian print. It's just another generic system that you have to cut your stock system. Just do it right the first time with a full purpose built system.
GPR offers both options: a full system and a "slip on"...
But thanks for your feeback! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Between the two choices, Arrow is by far a better looking and sounding exhaust. I'm still thinking that I'm going with an Akra when I'm ready to do an exhaust. I like the Graves, but it just doesn't look like what I want an exhaust to look like on that bike.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Hard to compare the sound, since the mic on the second video was pretty bad. But personally, without knowing how the performance or sound really stacks up, I'd have to go with GPR simply for the fact that they're made from inconel. The Arrow does beat it out a bit aesthetically, but for me the price would be the deal breaker one way or another. I bet the GPR exhaust costs at least $500 more, not sure that it would be worth it unless you're taking advantage of the material it's made out of.

·
Registered
418 Posts
GPR offers both options: a full system and a "slip on"...
But thanks for your feeback! :)

Full system or not, the GPR looks and sound like crap.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah I voted for the Arrow, and please Yamaha get the color schemes for the MT shipped over here. I loved everything about that first bike in the video (red accents, abs, 09 on wheels, red grips) that bike was sweet!

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I voted for the Arrow, and please Yamaha get the color schemes for the MT shipped over here. I loved everything about that first bike in the video (red accents, abs, 09 on wheels, red grips) that bike was sweet!
I'm pretty sure all the red was aftermarket.
ABS can be nice if you're into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
730 Posts
neither.....I like the Graves.

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well this turned out like I figured it would... and seeing as I like to go against the grain... I shall be volunteering to be the guinea pig for the GPR full system.

I'm also still in talks with GPR about a special group rate for us members here... so sit tight for a full review with photos, videos, and pricing info. :cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well this turned out like I figured it would... and seeing as I like to go against the grain... I shall be volunteering to be the guinea pig for the GPR full system.

I'm also still in talks with GPR about a special group rate for us members here... so sit tight for a full review with photos, videos, and pricing info. :cool:
You're in CT? Maybe I'll have to come see it in person this spring. lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
M4 Carbon Slip-on or Two Brothers full exahust for the FZ-09

neither.

How about a poll between the M4 carbon slip on exhaust or the Two Brothers full exhaust system. Which of those two do you like the sound of better.
I like both really on a toss up between the two. Most likely to happen would be to get the M4 slip on then later upgrade to the Two Brother. There is a big price difference between $379-$951.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts