Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As the topic says, which pins on the ECU to use to activate the quick shift function?

How does the harness from flash tune works?

Best regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Okey, what voltage are we talking about? 12 V?

And should the circuit be closed or open when shifting?

I´m thinking to place an inductive sensor somewhere close to the shifting rod or lever to detect shifting... What do you guys think about that?

·
Vendor
1,554 Posts
Okey, what voltage are we talking about? 12 V?

And should the circuit be closed or open when shifting?

I´m thinking to place an inductive sensor somewhere close to the shifting rod or lever to detect shifting... What do you guys think about that?

closed when shifting.

Im not sure what advantage it would give and I see potential for missed shifts if any thing gets out of allignment. Would it be cheaper then the strain sensor? what are the advantages??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
closed when shifting.

Im not sure what advantage it would give and I see potential for missed shifts if any thing gets out of allignment. Would it be cheaper then the strain sensor? what are the advantages??
Okey, thank you.

My understanding is that the strain sensor is like a variable resistor.
The resistance changes in proportion to the force that is applied.
In that case, there is probably a constant low voltage sent through the sensor back to the ECU, and when more force is applied (when shifting) the voltage increases and that triggers the ECU to cut the ignition.

The reason why I think the sensor sends through a constant low voltage when no force is applied, is that the sensor works in both ways (both push and pull, positive and negative). When pulled (negative) the voltage decreases to 0.

This is just my newbie thinking, and I can be wrong (probably).

But if I'm right, shouldn't a strain sensor like the one Healtech uses work with the FZ-09 QS system?

Like this one:
HealTech Electronics Ltd. ? Smart Tech for your Ride ? QuickShifter easy (new)

The reason I'm asking is that it's cheap as hell in comparison with other inline quickshifter sensors.

Best regards

EDIT 1:
My theory is based on that the dynojet pressure sensor works in both ways, but maybe it doesn't?

EDIT 2:
Ok, I have misunderstood how the Dynojet sensor works. It doesn't work in both ways.

But my question remains, do you thing that Healtech sensor will work?

·
Vendor
1,554 Posts
Okey, thank you.

My understanding is that the strain sensor is like a variable resistor.
The resistance changes in proportion to the force that is applied.
In that case, there is probably a constant low voltage sent through the sensor back to the ECU, and when more force is applied (when shifting) the voltage increases and that triggers the ECU to cut the ignition.

The reason why I think the sensor sends through a constant low voltage when no force is applied, is that the sensor works in both ways (both push and pull, positive and negative). When pulled (negative) the voltage decreases to 0.

This is just my newbie thinking, and I can be wrong (probably).

But if I'm right, shouldn't a strain sensor like the one Healtech uses work with the FZ-09 QS system?

Like this one:
HealTech Electronics Ltd. ? Smart Tech for your Ride ? QuickShifter easy (new)

The reason I'm asking is that it's cheap as hell in comparison with other inline quickshifter sensors.

Best regards

EDIT 1:
My theory is based on that the dynojet pressure sensor works in both ways, but maybe it doesn't?

EDIT 2:
Ok, I have misunderstood how the Dynojet sensor works. It doesn't work in both ways.

But my question remains, do you thing that Healtech sensor will work?
it seems it would work on its own but not with the flash

flash tune now sells sensors with the linkages and harness right on their site that are about $100 cheaper then that unit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts