Votes: 57 53.8%
  • B: This thing is a beast, more seat time needed

Votes: 14 13.2%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. Just curious which mode everyone is using on a regular basis. I'd say I use A mode the most with STD being a close second. I don't think I've even used B mode at all. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use B on the freeway during my commute. In town I am in STD, and out in the country or mountains I use A.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been using B mode for the two weeks and 800+ miles I've ridden. Standard and A mode just seem to sloppy for me. I'm planning on sending my ECU in to Stoltec towards the end of the month for a reflash. Then it'll be standard mode for day to day riding, A for the fun stuff, and B for when I'm in heavy traffic or less than stellar weather conditions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use B around town, usually 50/50 A/STD on the highway depending if it's a cop infested road or a blast road.

Increasing the CO setting to 10 has made STD and A modes mush less snatchy.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have to put a * next to my poll vote because I have the ECU flash from Stoltec. It makes a huge difference. I can now ride in STD mode all the time. I would have voted B mode prior to the reflash because I found it very hard to be smooth with this bike in STD mode.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Although I don't have a flash just yet, I prefer the twitchy abrupt feel of A mode, it reminds me why I picked this particular bike. That and I would just assume get used to the power at its full potential rather than baby step myself up to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still in the break in period so I have not been using A. Did B for about 2 minutes from the dealership to the first red light, then been using standard since.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I started riding in A mode a few weeks ago and I just find I prefer it now, I like the instant acceleration in that mode. I only use B mode now if it's raining, but as soon as the roads are dryish I'm back in A. I did that throttle cable adjuster mod recently and I find that most of the snatchy feeling has gone, so I feel ok in A mode even in grid lock traffic.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
A mode 90% of the time-love the aggressive feeling of A mode. Really only use B as a kind of pseudo 'traction control' when it's raining. Standard mode only if I forget to switch to A on start up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A mode since the flash, I have created the habit of hitting the start button then switching it straight to A mode.

I never use STD & only use B mode when I'm riding around town with a pillion.

Having a pillion on a country run, A mode.

·
Registered
248 Posts
A mode since the flash, I have created the habit of hitting the start button then switching it straight to A mode.

I never use STD & only use B mode when I'm riding around town with a pillion.

Having a pillion on a country run, A mode.
Does A mode help when carrying a pillion?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
B mode for me, I need far more seat time before I use the other modes. Plenty of power. Just started riding in October. Stopped in Dec when I laid it down and totaled it against a curb/guardrail combo :/ When I'm able to bring home my replacement, I'll be sticking in B mode even still.

·
Registered
835 Posts
A all the way, it's the only mode to ride for Red.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use A mode all the time unless I'm in danger of running out of gas then I switch it to B until I find the nearest gas station.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I've been in 'A' mode ever since I thought about getting this bike 2mos ago.
At night... my dreams are FILLED with snatchy, rugged throttle bursts with the front tire having only half the wear of the rear (due to it always being in the AIR!).
Actually, I'm still waiting on my bike... dealer says it's now "at the warehouse" and we should see it in less than 2 weeks. THIS IS KILLING ME!
It's all killing me so much that I went out and bought a 2008 Ninja 6R. This will have to do until the BEAST arrives.
I plan on getting used to riding in 'A' mode most of the time. We shall see. 8)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Interesting thread... anyhow I would like to know if our 9ers are commuters or pleasure riders?
For my self I'm a daily commuter, and thanks to Stoltech Flash (throttle & fueling) I'm riding STD in town, B under heavy rain, and A for my out of town and track carvings :eek:fftheair:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Interesting thread... anyhow I would like to know if our 9ers are commuters or pleasure riders?
For my self I'm a daily commuter, and thanks to Stoltech Flash (throttle & fueling) I'm riding STD in town, B under heavy rain, and A for my out of town and track carvings :eek:fftheair:
Every day I'm on the 9 is a pleasure ride, even if I'm just commuting!

Reactions: Spook
1 - 20 of 69 Posts