Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT09 SP/ 2001 Yamaha TTR600 Belgarda
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
So rgaza launched their newly cage for the 09. And I think that looks ok. What do you guys think, compared to the one of impaktech?

Enviado do meu SM-G975F através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
☝ This guy 🙄

I like how the Rgaza connects together in front of the engine. Might be an issue with certain exhaust systems, perhaps?

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,558 Posts
But also not cheap and not for those, who like to crash their MT-09 often while stuntriding.
It's rather for moto gymkhana style crashes.
There are people that like to crash their bikes often? I'd like to meet them. I don't know anyone like that.

I've found that the frame and forks are so fragile on these bikes that it takes next to nothing to total a bike and a cage isn't going to protect against that. If my motorcycle falls over, Id rather spend the money on the scraped up parts than ride with a ridiculous looking cage. They are probably the same people that put a wing or spoiler on a 4 cylinder Subaru.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I lowsided my FZ07 playing one day. Watched it bounce across the paved road and disappear in to a ditch. Broke the glass in the bar end mirror and ground up the brake lever. Cage was scarred up ( still is!) , but I picked the bike up and rode several more hours that day. On a trip down to Alabama one year, an older lady backed in to my bike with her Nissan pickup. When she stopped her back tire was sitting ON my cage. 16hrs from home. Was happy as fvck to have my cage that day. Bike fell over one day sitting on a poorly paved parking lot. 100°+ that day. Sidestand poked through the 1" thick pavement. Found my bike laying on its side when I got back. Had a wind storm blow it over at a campground once 😁 Take the cage off that bike and it's still pristine underneath. Showroom fresh. And that's just the shit that that one bike went through. I've got more stories from other bikes. Icy roads, being rear-ended, deer strikes.

Your vanity won't allow you to wear a cage. Fine, but nobody cares. Shit happens in reality. I don't consider motorcycles disposable. I'm not gonna throw a bike away because it hits the deck. I also don't baby my bikes. Some guys ride the shit out of their bikes and as a result things go sideways sometimes. If you only ride groomed roads in perfect weather with no traffic and don't push hard you'll likely not have many issues. If you considered bikes a toy and enjoy pushing limits.....it's a 150mph machine you park by leaning it on a stick...the fvcker is gonna end up on its side at some point

Cages keep you riding when the going gets rough. Nothing else matters. Including your incessant need to get mouthy every time cages get brought up. Relax, man. Let people do what they enjoy without having to put up with a bunch of lip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are people that like to crash their bikes often? I'd like to meet them. I don't know anyone like that.

I've found that the frame and forks are so fragile on these bikes that it takes next to nothing to total a bike and a cage isn't going to protect against that. If my motorcycle falls over, Id rather spend the money on the scraped up parts than ride with a ridiculous looking cage. They are probably the same people that put a wing or spoiler on a 4 cylinder Subaru.
hahahaha!

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,558 Posts
I lowsided my FZ07 playing one day. Watched it bounce across the paved road and disappear in to a ditch. Broke the glass in the bar end mirror and ground up the brake lever. Cage was scarred up ( still is!) , but I picked the bike up and rode several more hours that day. On a trip down to Alabama one year, an older lady backed in to my bike with her Nissan pickup. When she stopped her back tire was sitting ON my cage. 16hrs from home. Was happy as fvck to have my cage that day. Bike fell over one day sitting on a poorly paved parking lot. 100°+ that day. Sidestand poked through the 1" thick pavement. Found my bike laying on its side when I got back. Had a wind storm blow it over at a campground once 😁 Take the cage off that bike and it's still pristine underneath. Showroom fresh. And that's just the shit that that one bike went through. I've got more stories from other bikes. Icy roads, being rear-ended, deer strikes.

Your vanity won't allow you to wear a cage. Fine, but nobody cares. Shit happens in reality. I don't consider motorcycles disposable. I'm not gonna throw a bike away because it hits the deck. I also don't baby my bikes. Some guys ride the shit out of their bikes and as a result things go sideways sometimes. If you only ride groomed roads in perfect weather with no traffic and don't push hard you'll likely not have many issues. If you considered bikes a toy and enjoy pushing limits.....it's a 150mph machine you park by leaning it on a stick...the fvcker is gonna end up on its side at some point

Cages keep you riding when the going gets rough. Nothing else matters. Including your incessant need to get mouthy every time cages get brought up. Relax, man. Let people do what they enjoy without having to put up with a bunch of lip.
I put on over 10,000 miles a year and ride hard. Shit does happen and I've totaled a bike 3 years ago and dumped a brand new bike coming off of gravel on to pavement. These motorcycles are fragile and I do all of my own work on it so I know a little bit. If you think they're wonderful, good for you. If people can rave about how much they like them than I can rant about how ridiculous they look. We're glad you have stories but the rest of us do too. Do you have a wing on your Subaru?

·
Registered
55 Posts

Been stunting my 09 for 2-3 years with a Higdoneon cage and subcage not once laid it down. Did the cage so I could make it home. Opinions vary...hahaha. Just sayin' :ROFLMAO: I grew out of looking cool I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Sky

I met these two hooligans at a Yamaha demo day. They abused these bikes with falls, burn outs, and were on the rev limiter for most of the show.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I lowsided my FZ07 playing one day. Watched it bounce across the paved road and disappear in to a ditch. Broke the glass in the bar end mirror and ground up the brake lever. Cage was scarred up ( still is!) , but I picked the bike up and rode several more hours that day. On a trip down to Alabama one year, an older lady backed in to my bike with her Nissan pickup. When she stopped her back tire was sitting ON my cage. 16hrs from home. Was happy as fvck to have my cage that day. Bike fell over one day sitting on a poorly paved parking lot. 100°+ that day. Sidestand poked through the 1" thick pavement. Found my bike laying on its side when I got back. Had a wind storm blow it over at a campground once Take the cage off that bike and it's still pristine underneath. Showroom fresh. And that's just the shit that that one bike went through. I've got more stories from other bikes. Icy roads, being rear-ended, deer strikes.

That's a very good point!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im not a stunt guy (not even close) but I do like to protect my bike. Cars DONT respect bikes. Oil on the road, bad weather, etc etc. Anything can tip you over. Why roll the dice with banged tank, cracked engine covers and bent shit if you can just... protect it . Personally I do like a well design cage. Not a stunt man. Just want to protect my shit, while enjoying the looks! At the end of the day....it's a brand new bike, and danger peeks at every corner... Cheers guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts