Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed SBS Sinter brake pads front and rear (best upgrade ever) and now I only need 2 fingers on the brake lever. And I'm trying to learn how to wheelie. So, I'm looking for short brake and clutch levers for my 2022 MT-09 SP that are good and don't cost a fortune. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I've been using ebay Chinese ones for years. Can't fault them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been looking into levers myself, but I might upgrade the master cylinder to a Brembo RCS. Since the lever ain't cheap if you want quality, but if you want cheap MZS levers aren't bad. Had them on my CBR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stay away from MG Biketec levers. They used 3D printed plastic for a component of the clutch lever, broke within a week and they're blaming me saying I didn't install them correctly. Would recommend ASV!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm sure its been mentioned here at some point along with every other bike forum but stay away from the cheap knockoffs on Amazon and Ebay. The brake lever tolerances are large with the cheap levers and many stories out there with brake levers locking up... This of course will cause most to crash and to me its not worth it to save $80-$100.

You don't "need" shorty levers to wheelie. A shorter clutch lever is very helpful tho for clutch ups and allows for 2 finger on lever and still maintain good control of bar with thumb, ring, and pinky. If you want the best setup for wheelies then see link below. I used to have a stunt lever and these are TRUE 1 finger pull levers. The ball bearings makes the clutch pull super light! I have one ordered for my bike but not sure I need to get back into full hooligan mode but this bike makes it hard lol.

Pricey but best wheelie clutch lever out there.

Or, stick to well known brands.. CRG, ASV, Brembo, Vortex, Pazzo, PSR, etc... Avoid the $40 sets if you can...

·
Registered
2022 MT-09 SP
23 Posts
I went through this . Just go CRG but make sure you don’t get what they tell you. The
Facked my order up due to giving me incorrect in for the 22 SP.
This is what you need 100% %
2rn-531-h-b Brake
2rn-615-h-b Clutch

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
It's a jungle out there. Probably the most difficult buy so far. I think the CRG look great, but I can't find anyone who sells them here in Europe. The ASV look nice as well, but I can't find them here either. Ordering from the US is out of the question, delivery rates are crazy and I will have to pay tax and import fees on arrival.

I have however found an italian brand that seems good, CNC Racing. Does anyone have any experience of them?
Cnc Racing Lcs33g Clutch Lever Short 150mm Gold LCS33G Handlebar | MotoStorm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts