Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 MT-09, Shad seat, Puig Touring, Quad Lock, STS Tidy Tail and Indicators, flash to come.
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
great news!! I am moving to Blaine , !Washington in June and i can do your bike in person!!
great news!! I am moving to Blaine , !Washington in June and i can do your bike in person!!
PERFECT!! Let me be your first customer when you get set up. What is your ETA for doing business there? We should try to set a date for me to bring it down! I'm thinking just having you set me up with a tune for stock and flashing it while I wait if that works? Great News!

·
Vendor
1,456 Posts
PERFECT!! Let me be your first customer when you get set up. What is your ETA for doing business there? We should try to set a date for me to bring it down! I'm thinking just having you set me up with a tune for stock and flashing it while I wait if that works? Great News!
yep that works, im hitting the road from florida approx june 12 plan on being there by the 26th. Ill be up and running as far as flashing by the 28th. You can be my first official customer at my new place. As it gets closer lets arrange it

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
855 Posts
yep that works, im hitting the road from florida approx june 12 plan on being there by the 26th. Ill be up and running as far as flashing by the 28th. You can be my first official customer at my new place. As it gets closer lets arrange it
What? Leaving us in the sunshine state?!

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
855 Posts
Ya think it's cuz of politics? :p
? I'd say no but I don't know what WA is offering businesses. I know FL has some good deals here thus why so many companies are coming this way. Given he can run his business anywhere I'd say he's moving for other reasons. We should all make outlandish guesses until he chimes in... lol I say his wife said so (if married)

·
Registered
2019 MT-09, Shad seat, Puig Touring, Quad Lock, STS Tidy Tail and Indicators, flash to come.
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
lol, been in Florida 30 years and ready for something different and love what the pacific northwest has to offer
Agreed, the PNW has got to be one of the best places on the planet for environment, recreation, fishing hunting, twisties, relative crime rates (especially in smaller centres like Blaine. Good choice although the rain and cloudy skies does suck donkey balls, oh and politics are so far left even centrist people have a hard time swallowing!

·
Registered
166 Posts
First Post

Having just bought a 2019 MT-09 after decades of not riding I was surprised at two things. 1) how crazy fast it is compared to my old 1978 Honda 750F LOL 2) how terrible the drive by wire throttle really is! Why hasn't Yamaha fixed this obvious blight?

I came here to start learning about ECU Flashes and product comparisons for a few accessories. I'm not a tech savvy guy so really appreciate the tons of good information here, thanks!

Now my question... What is the best approach to solving the drivability, fueling issue? I don't want to send the bike to a tuner with a dyno (highly likely that the closest tuner of good repute is 1,500 miles away). I also don't really want to send my ECU away as that would mean international shipping during Covid and a long wait but I'll do this it it is the hands down best way to go. I am leaning toward the DynoJet Power Vision 3 solution. It would be cool if a guy pay for a tune from Ivan or the guy on here that has shared so much. Which way should I go? Any major issues with DynoJet?
STG ecm flash, online down load directly to your ecm mounted under your fuel tank. If it’s out of your comfort range you could get any reputable motorcycle shop to perform the down load for you. Of coarse it would be at a cost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also highly endorse vcyclenut tune. I had a fuel commander V on the bike with a tune and basically bought dave's tune and sold the power commander to pay for it, night and day difference. I do a lot of city commuting so the on off throttle response was atrocious before dave's tune still. If you don't want downtime as well he has a option to basically do a core charge on an ecu and you can pop his in and send yours back.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would get the flashing kit and active tune, i will provide support

FTECU Flashing Kit For R1, R6, FZ/MT 09, FJ09, FZ1, FZ/MT 7, FZ8, FZ/MT10 (vcyclenut.com)

FTECU Active tune (vcyclenut.com)

this also tunes while you ride and works with all the functions of the ecu flash. If you purchase through me I will provide a base flash for you to use with the kit

any questions please let me know
David , how are you? I got your flash a few years back for my 2016 FZ09. What advantages does this ACTIVE TUNE bring to a bike with one of your flashes?

·
Vendor
1,456 Posts
David , how are you? I got your flash a few years back for my 2016 FZ09. What advantages does this ACTIVE TUNE bring to a bike with one of your flashes?
the active tune adjusts the fueling as you ride , a true closed loop system.

I dont find its really needed on my mail in flashes but its a great tool for someone that wants to do their own flashes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Has anyone used the Dynojet Power Vision 3 ECU unit to flash their bike? I am attracted to this product for ease of use, and because you can have unlimited tunes including free re-install of the stock tune anytime. Don't have to remove, send away your ECU just plug it in and upload. They seem to have lots of tunes for different exhausts etc... I a starting to hate that twitchy throttle! Would love to hear from anyone with personal experience with it. Canadian pricing... https://fortnine.ca/en/dynojet-powe...jVewqHrfmGTYWQa2PQVETjpgXyKbMIhcaApRLEALw_wcB

21 - 35 of 35 Posts