Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Not much of a toolkit on the 09 unless the 19mm spanner undoes a secret hidden panel on the bike where there's a proper tool kit hidden behind 馃槂

Does anybody know what the 19mm spanner & the two black elastic straps are for?

There's a couple of allen keys under the seat & that's about it :coffee:

Toecutter.
Rectangle Font Tints and shades Bumper Automotive exterior

Registered
I carry this under my seat and pull it out and use it for other things. I have used the same set for 25 years.

Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
:eek: Not much of a toolkit on the 09 unless the 19mm spanner undoes a secret hidden panel on the bike where there's a proper tool kit hidden behind 馃槂

Does anybody know what the 19mm spanner & the two black elastic straps are for?

There's a couple of allen keys under the seat & that's about it :coffee:

Toecutter.
View attachment 167003
I rebuilt my entire motor with only that tool kit........on the side of the road.

Registered
Where's all the tools? In my toolbox. It's not the '60's anymore, bikes are supposed to run when you're riding them. Keep up on the periodic maintenance in between and enjoy! YMMV, some makes haven't caught up yet.

Registered
Your underside of the seat will have two pairs of "hooks" molded in. As stated the shorter funky looking one secures your bagged "array" of tools, and I believe the other longer band serves to hold your "documents" against that larger rectangular space.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I rebuilt my entire motor with only that tool kit........on the side of the road.
Yup, all the bits laid out on the grass, reading the manual whilst the wind blows the pages over & worked by torchlight until the sun rose, put the tank back on & she fired up first touch of the button. Those were the days. (y)

Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
Yup, all the bits laid out on the grass, reading the manual whilst the wind blows the pages over & worked by torchlight until the sun rose, put the tank back on & she fired up first touch of the button. Those were the days. (y)
Not to mention, the bike had 100 horsepower, got 96 miles per gallon, you could ride it 800 miles at a stretch in perfect comfort, and it had a MSRP of $495. They don鈥檛 make 鈥榚m like they used to!

Registered
That reminds me of Gordon Ramsey being interviewed by one of our worst interviewers on TV. He got up to walk out and said "you're a tool mate, a ****ing spanner".

Registered
When I picked mine up from the dealer he said they don't come with a tool kit anymore..so I showed him page 7-2 in the owners manual. I got a kit in a week's time !

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I picked mine up from the dealer he said they don't come with a tool kit anymore..so I showed him page 7-2 in the owners manual. I got a kit in a week's time !
Great. Any idea what the 19mm spanner is for?
Toecutter.

Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
I do not have stock fork internals any more but maybe top adjustment ?
It wouldn鈥檛 fit the pre-鈥21 bikes. Maybe it fits the new one? 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

1 - 20 of 22 Posts